Reports to: Corporate Identity Lead
Armstrong is engaging in transforming itself from a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating and cooling equipment into a technology company, focused on energy-usage optimization and sustainability.
We're working on some pretty amazing things right now that fill a crucial need in today’s cities. We need someone well-rounded enough to take on UI / UX projects, as well as print, packaging, and to assist in product design. We also value a curiosity in marketing and research and analytic thinking involved in Design Thinking, which is a prominent activity in the organization.
Working collaboratively within the Customer Experience Team of marketers, designers, copywriters, and corporate events, the Intermediate-Senior Designer will produce exceptional digital and physical design for products and other organizational needs. This role demands a talented designer with a diverse range of skills, with imagination and the ability to execute with world-class quality.
The Intermediate-Senior Designer provides support on projects that include digital interface design and user experience, other digital and physical graphic design, trade show displays, and illustration. A very strong command of typography is a necessary skill across all media.
A working knowledge of digital animation and ability to produce short advertising/explainer videos is a bonus. Skills in facilitating collaborative strategy and design working sessions with other roles in the organization is a major bonus.
This position is located on-site at our office in Scarborough, Ontario.
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
- Support Corporate Identity Lead in all aspects of design and creative work
- Work with Customer Experience Team on assigned projects for trade shows, advertising and other communication
- An emphasis on digital design, encompassing user interface design for physical products, web interface and apps
- Demonstrate knowledge in typography and image handling
- Coordinate and self-manage on all assigned projects
- University degree in Design, UX or advanced Diploma equivalent
- 3-5+ years of working experience in digital, print and experience design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including: Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, and knowledge of user interface build/test platforms (ex. Adobe XD)
- Working ability in Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
- Support various brand development projects
- Registered Graphic Designer (RGD) Certification an asset
- Brainstorming and developing design concepts for various projects
- Ability to provide clear recommendations that solve critical stakeholder and user requirements
- A drive to test UX solutions with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong, team-oriented leadership skills; tactful and diplomatic
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to work well under tight time constraints
- Self-directed with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively, focusing on results
- Working with others, such as copywriters, engineering project manager, production, human resources, and marketing team to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
- A portfolio of your best work, showing a range of styles and applications, is a must.