Approximate Duration: 6 - 12 months
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 475,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Please note that the Niagara Region requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination, or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by Niagara Region.
Creates, develops and executes original art and creative concepts for client advertising and digital campaigns. Projects include a broad range of promotional materials such as identities, full campaign, publications, advertisements, digital marketing and many other branded pieces. These materials are designed to promote and enhance the overall image and awareness of Niagara Region and Regional Council, and will be used to market to both external and internal audiences. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring consistent branding is represented across all materials, for all departments and divisions within the corporation.
This position requires a creative talent and a certain amount of flexibility and adaptability as the creative work covers a wide variety of disciplines (i.e. public works, planning, human services, economic development, etc.) and reaches a wide variety of audiences (i.e. employees, residents, professionals, seniors, students, children etc.).
- Three-year diploma or degree in Graphic Design or similar program;
- Membership in the Association of Registered Graphic Designers is an asset.
- Three or more years of industry experience in the area of graphic design;
- Experience in the development of publications and marketing materials;
- Proficient on MAC & PC platforms, and with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products and web development application software;
- Ability to create, access and edit digital images using several peripherals with exceptional attention to detail;
- Knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and how to effectively deliver accessible design solutions;
- Experience managing several projects simultaneously with the ability to multi-task effectively and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of pre-press setups, printing and publishing processes and web requirements are essential
- Knowledge of multi-media applications and transfer of graphic design products to web-based formats, video, film, etc. is essential.
- Photography and video training is essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of copyright and infringement policies.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, design and produce all Niagara Region branded material;
- Oversee all phases of production by coordinating and managing projects with internal and external clients, as well as printers and suppliers;
- Maintain the corporate brand, the brand structure, as well as other various corporate identities;
- Develop materials keeping in mind marketing strategies and target market attributes;
- Work as a part of the Strategic Communications & Public Affairs team to provide unique insight and original visual solutions; to provide quality outcomes to the communication needs of clients;
- Work with client to discuss needs, develop design briefs by gathering information and data to clarify design issues, and presenting concepts to clients;
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative and artistic skills to overall look and feel of web sites.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application. Job Opening ID: 32774
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require an accommodation for the application process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the alternate formats for contacting us are as follows:
Phone: 905-980-6000 ext. 3252 or 1-800-263-7215
Bell Relay: 1-800-855-0511
In-person: Sir Isaac Brock Way, Thorold, ON L2V 4T7 – Human Resources Department