At Bravado Designs, our mission is to help women around the world understand they can have bras that makes them feel beautiful, and comfortable all day, every day. We are the leader in premium bras and designed to support women through Pregnancy, Nursing and Post-Nursing.
We believe that our success is dependent on the superior design and quality of our products, and a strong collaboration between teams to deliver a great, cohesive brand experience. We have been successful in delivering on this promise since 1992.
Our ecommerce channel plays a significant role acting as the face of our brand to consumers and customers as well as being an important driver of our overall sales.
Reporting to the Senior Director Marketing, the UX eCommerce Specialist is accountable to ensure our ecommerce sites, powered by Shopify are providing the best possible UX to our visitors through thoughtful engagement and conversion-focused design and ongoing optimizations and maintenance.
This role is multi-faceted supporting both the technical and design elements of our websites and working collaboratively both cross-functionally and with external partners to ensure all sites are operating at their optimal level through our ERP, SEO audits, new platform/app implementations.
This role is segmented into 3 main areas of focus in terms of leading and supporting the organization:
- UX - Lead
- Website Optimization and Ongoing Maintenance – Lead
- CRM Platform Optimization & Maintenance – Lead
NOTE: This position is for contract employment covering a maternity leave of absence starting in September 2022 to May 2024, with health and dental benefits available if desired.
POSITION TITLE: UX Ecommerce Specialist
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Marketing
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A (freelancers as required)
LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Optimize Bravado Designs family of Shopify websites including user journey, mobile experience, adherence to brand guidelines and increasing opportunities for conversion
- Working with the Marketing Team to develop engaging and conversion-focused digital assets for use on website including homepage banners, enhanced product page content, blog post design and landing pages.
- Implement & maintain Shopify apps / 3rd party platforms
- Work with freelance developers to implement special functionality to the sites including providing them with a brief, evaluating quotes, manage timeline and Q/A final product
- Source opportunities and new technologies that enhance the user shopping experience and improve conversion rate
- Own and maintain our CRM platform HubSpot or Klaviyo including customer segmentation, workflow automations, email deployments and form design
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or modified as required throughout the course of your employment.
SPECIFIC ROLE REQUIREMENTS
Below are the core competencies required for this job
- Post-secondary education with a degree/certificate in website design and UX
Ideally 5-7 years’ experience outlined below:
- Website design and UX
- In-depth Shopify experience is mandatory for this role
- Building and designing ecommerce-specific sites is required
- Directing and managing website developers
- Apparel-based ecommerce site experience is preferred
- Must have advanced knowledge and skills of Shopify Liquid templating language
- Must have experience with website and digital graphic design
- Must have experience working with Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Must have a strong understanding of responsive web design and how to optimize for speed
- Must understand Shopify Apps and have ability to troubleshoot installation and resolve issues
- Experience working with Adobe Premier, InDesign and Figma is an asset
- Must have Intermediate skills using Microsoft Suite i.e. Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- An understanding of SEO best practices and optimizations is preferred but not necessary
- Some knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console & Google Tag Manager is an asset
- Prior experience using Github is an asset
- Must have skills, knowledge, and experience to understand the role of Marketing Automation Tools preferably Klaviyo or Hubspot
WORKING WITH OTHERS:
- Internal: Integral member of our marketing team supporting all roles. Works collaboratively with Customer Service, IT, Finance, Logistics and Sales
- External: Freelance website developer, 3rd party platforms/partners/apps i.e.Hubspot, Returnly, Gorgias, Bazaarvoice, Klaviyo
- Works at Bravado’s office located at 60 Scarsdale Road, Unit 100, Toronto
- Team members must be flexible and available to work on a hybrid basis, remotely and in office, as required
- Bravado is a Fragrance-free office
- Core office hours are Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS WITHIN BRAVADO’S CULTURE
Demonstrates the key Bravado Values and must be: Collaborative, Respectful, Fantastic, Optimistic, Accountable
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our values and mission
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic individual who takes ownership
- Collaborative style to work cross-functionally in a team-oriented environment, yet works effectively on an independent basis
- Takes initiative, and is flexible, adaptable, and resilient in approach
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and trust
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation skills, excellent email etiquette, and persuasion skills including the ability to communicate concisely and clearly with people in other cultures
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Proven critical thinking skills necessary for problem-solving, conflict resolution, decision-making
- Effective time management, planning and execution skills
- Proven skill set as a strategic thinker with the ability to plan and execute and achieve results
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, be detail-oriented, and follow up, as required
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with our mission to help every woman find unparalleled comfort in a bra
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIS)
- Key performance metrics should coincide with goals
You can find some additional details and apply online here.