OLED technology and accurate colour reproduction make the latest from LG the must-have monitor for today’s designer
This article is sponsored by LG Electronics Canada.
As graphic designers, we know that having the right software is imperative to our creative processes – but equally important is having high-level hardware that can effectively display and render the very fabric of what we create.
“Having a large, well-calibrated monitor to see brand images as they truly appear is a must for any designer,” says Wade Gilpin RGD, Creative Director at Sherpa Creative. “This is especially the case if you are working on larger format way-finding signage or advertising.”
We are only able to design to the extent that our tools allow us and LG Electronics has set out to provide designers with the optimal creative interface for near-limitless design potential with the LG UltraFine™ OLED Pro. This monitor, designed with creative professionals in mind, features LG’s award-winning OLED technology, the most advanced self-lit, pixel technology on the market, allowing for stunning contrast and picture quality.
This monitor was developed to provide the most accurate colour reproduction, HDR and SDR performance and is ideal for editing high-resolution images and videos for the most detailed digital projects. The high-fidelity colour-accurate display allows designers to elevate their creativity and take their work to the next level.
And, as Wade notes, a good monitor provides assurance: “Having the ability to work on crisp, large images enables you to identify problems before they happen, by seeing issues or inconsistencies in the planning stage.”
The monitors have gained recognition from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, which honoured them with the Emmy for Creative, Technical, Quality Control and Client Viewing.
Below are some of the key features that make LG’s OLED Pro models such excellent creative tools:
- 4K UHD resolution (3,840 x 2,160) screens with 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio and 99 percent coverage of the DCI-P 3 colour space
- Independent pixel control for colour fidelity and contrast
- OLED displays with no need for backlighting, making the monitor free of distracting halo effects or blooming
- Detachable self-calibration sensors and monitor hoods for optimal productivity
- A calibration sensor that measures the light from the display at predetermined times by the user and automatically makes the necessary adjustments to maintain the image accuracy (when used with the free-to-download LG Calibration Studio software)
- Easy relocation with a slim and lightweight design and a stand with height, pivot and tilt adjustment that attaches securely to the rear of the display with a one-click mechanism
Thoughtful and innovative design is powered by technology that is crafted with equal intentionality and care. Designers need look no further than the LG UltraFine™ OLED Pro to find such a tool. View more information here.