We are currently seeking a UX Designer to join our team to help with the creative design process surrounding our innovative SaaS product suite touching operational technology, financial planning, business insights, and more.
Stantec offers a flexible work environment, and we are open for this role to be based remotely out of any location in North America.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with team members to support design and follow implementations through the development lifecycle for a variety of digital products
- Work with design leads to consolidate ideas into a common suite of applications
- Help promote awareness of UX design
- Continually look for new and innovative ways to visualize data to improve readability and contextualization
- Help conduct user research and testing
- Process complex data and turn it into intuitive interfaces based on internal and external requirements
- Build storyboards, wireframes, flowcharts, and design prototypes to help communicate concepts
- Maintain the design guidelines within a design system and contribute to enhancements
- Focus on implementing best practices and designing for reusability and scalability
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Awareness of current design trends and when to apply or adapt them to improve user experience
- Proven design and communication skills to support initiatives and express vision
- Experience creating and/or following a design system
- Experience conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys
- Ability to transform legacy applications to meet current design standards and improve user experience
- Ability to create effective interfaces in coordination with development efficiencies
- Experience with Adobe’s Creative Cloud applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD (experience with other UX products such as Figma, InVision, or UXPin is also acceptable)
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited bachelor's or master's degree program.
- 4+ years of experience in the field.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Site visits in the field may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1322 Innovation-SIA IBO-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Req ID: 2200046K
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans