Working at Alberta Blue Cross® means having a career where you’ll be recognized for your contributions. We value diversity, encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance and provide opportunities for career growth.
We have big plans and an even bigger vision at Alberta Blue Cross® to deliver an exceptional digital experience for everyone. We are looking for a UX/UI manager to join us on our mission to design universal, efficient, and enjoyable experiences.
The ideal candidate for this position will be highly creative, team-oriented and strongly focused on growth, resiliency, empowerment, and collaboration. You will have an aptitude for both UX and UI disciplines and a passion to support people in designing elevated, inventive, clean, and fully functioning digital solutions. Working closely with brand and graphic design to ensure a purposeful visual language across platforms.
You will be responsible for the success of our UX and UI teams—shaping and evolving our design culture. Focusing on effective prioritization of work and implementing agile solutions in a fast-paced environment within tight timelines. In return, you’ll be part of a high-performing, ambitious and truly user-centric team that brings compassion, humanity and clarity to our digital platforms.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK:
You will have the flexibility to decide how and when you work. While you may be working from home most of the time, there will be plenty of opportunity to come into the office periodically for important meetings, team events and other purposeful connections.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Inspire confidence and exploration in others.
- Committed to seeking out and providing constructive feedback.
- Passionate about delivering the ultimate user experience.
- Endlessly curious, challenge the status-quo and never stop asking questions.
- Self-driven and self-motivated learner with a commitment to explore emerging trends, tools, and technologies.
- Loves change, thrives in ambiguity, and can bring clarity to any situation.
- A critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction.
- Have an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Inspire, coach, mentor, build, develop, recruit, and support a team of UX and UI designers to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Create an open work environment where people feel supported, equipped, and trusted.
- Promote and advance the UX/UI practice, advocating for UX and UI in the broader organization.
- Constantly evaluate team processes, quality assurance controls and tools for efficiencies and continuous improvement.
- Plan, prepare and manage team skills assessments, learning plans, career roadmaps, cross-functional workshops and detailed workplans.
- Recommend enhancements and maintain departmental performance reporting and dashboards, reporting to leadership and disseminating to team members.
- Drive design value, partnering with key stakeholders to work towards the overarching digital vision, ambition and strategy.
- Understand the greater digital ecosystem and consider the holistic user journey.
- Assess the competitive landscape to establish benchmarks, identify trends and best practices using applicable tools and frameworks.
- Help define, establish, maintain, update and advocate for the Alberta Blue Cross design system.
- Contributes to project scoping conversations, creates and builds end-to-end project plans timeframes, resource allocation and sprint planning in consultation with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business goals into experiences.
- Ensure that products meet the highest standards of accessibility and inclusiveness.
- Assist in product release communication and quality control with various stakeholders.
- Assign tasks, provide timelines, and manage the team’s workflow.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ working experience and progressive responsibilities.
- Ability to think strategically, solving short term problems while never loosing site of the long-term vision.
- A detailed portfolio of previous design projects that demonstrates a deep understanding of how to improve end-to-end experiences.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in industrial design, web development or digital/multimedia design.
- Expert knowledge of web and accessibility standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills
- Masterful ability task switch while maintaining attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly evolving environments and requirements.
- Experience leading complex, large-scale projects with a variety of stakeholders
- Expertise across all domains in human-centered design and user experience, spanning UX strategy, interaction design, user research, prototyping, visual design and user adoption.
- Superior communication and compelling presentation.
- Proven conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud including Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and XD.
WHAT WE WILL DO FOR YOU:
- Support a healthy work/life balance.
- Invest in your growth and expertise.
- Provide opportunities mentorship from across the organization.
- Be part of maturing our user experience practice.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Alberta Blue Cross® is an inclusive employer committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We empower and are advocates for our employees by welcoming, respecting and valuing their unique perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in an innovative, high-energy team-focused environment. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please apply online here.