Founded in 1974, Fengate started as a real estate management business in Ontario, Canada. Over the last 40 years, we have transformed our business to become one of Canada’s leading real asset management firms, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, New York and Texas. Since 2007, Fengate has been recognized as one of “Canada’s Best Managed Companies”.
Fengate is seeking a Graphic Design Intern to join our growing marketing team! The Graphic Design Intern will work directly with our Senior Graphic Designer and Design Services Manager to support our Marketing team in designing internal and external marketing and communications materials.
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements.
- Design print and digital materials such as social media and website graphics and templates, banners, event invitations, illustrations and infographics, PowerPoint decks, etc.
- Edit designs and content based on feedback to final approval.
- Ensure final designs are thoughtful, visually appealing and on brand.
- Understanding of layout, colour and typography.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. A must on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite – Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and ability to work effectively under deadlines.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team.
Core Fengate Competencies:
- Business Focus and Strategic Thinking: You display an understanding of Fengate’s as well as the investment project’s business and strategy. You recognize and reinforce how Fengate differentiates itself in the marketplace.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: You are approachable and supportive of team members and go above and beyond normal duties to make the team and Fengate successful. You actively participate in team activities and projects.
- Driving for Results: You take initiative to manage your work and performance and do not require close supervision. You consistently produce high quality output.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: You recognize challenges and opportunities and determine whether action is needed and prioritize situation in terms of impact.
- Communication: Clear, concise and directly communicate ideas, information and directions both verbally and in writing.
Location & Travel:
The position will be based out of the Toronto office with occasional travel to the Oakville office. Fengate offers a Work-Flex policy where employees are allowed to work remotely up to 3 days per week.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume here.