We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer based in our Toronto office to join our Visual Communications team to provide graphic support for our regional staff. Arup’s Americas region includes 15 offices and over 2,100 members, including offices in Toronto and Montreal with a combined total of almost 600 members.
Are you a creative who is passionate about design, excited to develop compelling visual stories, and keen to join a highly collaborative team within a company that embraces innovation, sustainable development, technology, and diversity? As part of our in-house Marketing and Communications team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to many projects at all stages of design and work closely with a wide array of Arup staff.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, design, and produce engaging graphics and promotional materials including infographics, presentations, brochures, reports, newsletters, interactive documents, event collateral, email and social media content, advertisements, and miscellaneous graphic deliverables
- Collaborate with proposal, project, and portfolio teams to create graphics that will require use of conceptual-thinking, problem solving, and storytelling skills
- Serve as an ambassador to our staff on all matters related to brand, creative, and related skills including communicating the value of our brand by providing reviews, trainings, and resources for best practices to our members
- Develop, manage, and collaborate on various team initiatives
The qualified professional will have:
- A degree in Graphic Design or related field with two to five years design experience in a professional or in-house setting
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with video, animation, web design, photography, and/or illustration a plus
- Enthusiasm for design, meticulous attention to detail, and willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Proactive attitude and ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to analyze and articulate design
- An ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your visual communications skills
- Knowledge of French preferred but not required
Apply now at https://jobs.arup.com/jobs/
Benefits that Work
At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families. These are 100% paid for by Arup expect for optional life insurance. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our GRRSP 5% company match to help you save for your future.
We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider all qualified candidates regardless of national origin, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at .