The ideal candidate has 3 - 5 years of experience in traditional and digital design, including video and animation, is curious, unintimidated by challenges, rolls with the punches, works quickly and effectively, and collaborates easily.
Context is not a traditional design firm, nor an advertising agency. Trusted by clients providing vital public services, we make meaningful connections to solve complex communications and design challenges that affect real people and drive positive change. We’re looking for someone who wants to inspire people to take action on issues that matter.
As a member of our creative team, you will:
- Deliver fresh and innovative design communications for a diverse range of projects, clients and media types.
- Think conceptually, absorb new ideas, and translation briefs into design concepts that fulfill client objectives.
- Be proficient in layout and design in both traditional and digital media; including print, digital ads, infographics and website design, and applying a mobile-first approach to digital design.
- Design animation and motion graphics as required.
- Work as part of a collaborative team in developing campaigns from concept through to implementation.
- Apply accuracy and rigor in terms of quality and attention to detail to your work.
- Demonstrate an ability to work efficiently, effectively integrate feedback and juggle multiple projects.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years of design experience in graphic design and/or advertising, ideally in an agency environment.
- An excellent command of design, video and related software (e.g.; Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe After Effects, Figma, Google Slides).
- A robust and well-rounded portfolio that demonstrates a range of design concepts that include branding/identity, digital and traditional communication design.
- An understanding of the creative process.
- Familiarity with the production processes, at a minimum for print and digital.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- An appetite for continuous learning and improvement.
- An ability and desire to grow into a more senior role over time
Bonus: Experience in applying AODA graphic standards. Video and/or illustration experience is also a plus. As a member of the Association of Registered Graphic Designers, we welcome candidates who have a minimum of a Provisional RGD designation.
Company Culture and Perks
We are a growing, fast-paced, and purposeful agency, driven by a set of core values that define everything we do. We offer:
- Flexible, hybrid work arrangements.
- Annual company shutdown during the holiday season.
- Frequent studio-wide social events.
- Budget and time allotted for professional development.
- Commitment to wellbeing and work life balance.
- Competitive benefits package.
Diversity and Inclusion
Some of our best ideas emerge when different perspectives collide. That’s just one of the reasons we’re committed to building and retaining a team that reflects diverse backgrounds, identities, experiences and abilities. Through our core values, we’re also fostering a culture where everyone feels heard, included and comfortable being themselves.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request accommodation at: .