Are you interested in a career where you can make an impact in shaping everyday experiences? Are you ready to put your creative skills to work on many exciting projects? At Entro, we believe graphic design can be used to create a powerful sense of place and have a profound effect on the way we connect with places.
Our Toronto office is looking for a Junior Designer who will be an integral part of the design team, responsible for providing support in relation to experiential graphic design and signage related projects.
We are seeking a Junior Designer who will:
- Ideate, conceptualize and detail Design, development, detailing and implementation of signage, environmental graphics, identity and, environmental branding and print projects
- Embrace a design studio culture and encourage a vibrant and enthusiastic design office;
- Participate in design workshops and present design solutions with internal team;
- Apply design strategies, related documents and presentations that support project directives;
- Work with the senior design team in creating conceptual renderings, artwork and graphic materials and design intent specifications;
- Consider and include storytelling component/design brief with senior design team in all conceptual designs;
- Explore the use of materials and methods;
- Follow direction and ensure compliance with defined goals and standards for projects and Entro standards;
- Meet with senior team to understand project needs including budgeting, timing and project expectations;
- Ensure Entro protocols and procedures are followed on all projects by the entire team in a timely manner (timesheets, expenses, etc.)
- Minimum college diploma in graphic design or a similar field
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years professional experience; a portfolio that demonstrates experience with various aspects of signage design and/or 3-dimensional work is a plus
- Previous experience in experiential graphic design, architecture, or industrial design firm setting will be considered as an additional asset
- Knowledge of signage and wayfinding production techniques is an asset
- Computer literacy and good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and desire to learn
- Detail-oriented outlook and ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
Entro is a recognized international place-branding and experience design firm with offices in Toronto, New York, Calgary, and Vancouver. At Entro, we value diversity of perspectives. Our multidisciplinary approach gives us an incredible appreciation for architecture, planning, and how graphic communications can connect people to place. Entro’s 80 plus-person team includes people with backgrounds in graphic and industrial design, fine arts, neuroscience, architecture, project management, engineering, and media. Our work gives places identity and meaning; it makes complex places navigable; and reveals the stories of places from hospitals and transit hubs to museums, educational campuses, and throughout city centres. Our work has shaped peoples’ experiences of destinations around the world.
Working at Entro
At Entro, we understand our strength is our people. We believe that the key to our success is a vibrant culture that supports and nurtures our team members. As a design firm, we solve problems, create interest, and tell stories. We cherish curiosity, talent, collaboration, camaraderie, and hard work. We collectively celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We offer a flexible work environment of ‘give and take’ to tend to our personal commitments and interests. We encourage our employees to be their best self, personally and professionally, so we can grow together. We are dedicated to innovation and collaboration. We encourage mentorship and we learn from each other, and with each other. We are compassionate about all that we touch; at home, at work, and within our communities – because it’s the right thing to do.
We currently have a hybrid remote-working scenario in effect, 2-3 days in the office and remaining days flex / work-from-home, but this is subject to change. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.