Together with our clients, we define and position their concepts, visualize their identities and breathe life into the spaces using every means available. We develop what these experiences can do, identify who they are for and shape the memories that follow. We draw the pictures, select the materials, manage the process, crash the Opening Party, and definitely a whole lot more.
Are you a passionate and motivated designer that rises to the challenge of applying your skills to a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment? At mackaywong, we are a Branding and Interior Design firm working with an interesting and diverse clientele. From signage and wayfinding programing and environmental graphics, to corporate identity, branding, collateral and presentations, to social media and digital projects, we’re looking for a passionate candidate for a full time intermediate graphic designer position specializing in branding and signage.
Why work with us?
The mackaywong family is filled with excitement, support and camaraderie. Our mighty team works hard and plays hard together, forming a strong bond that allows the studio to maintain a welcoming and hospitable atmosphere. Working with mackaywong means joining a creative and inspiring environment that will strengthen your career all while making genuine lifelong connections and memories along the way. If you are a foodie, love dogs or travelling, you’ll fit right in! We look forward to expanding our family, perhaps this includes you!
In addition to a great culture and working environment, mackaywong offers a comprehensive compensation package, health benefits, and a hybrid working lifestyle.
Who You Are
We are currently inviting resumes from passionate and creative graphic design experts who are excited about taking on a new challenge as part of our Integrated Branding team. We are searching for an experienced design professional who:
- Has a minimum 3-5 years of professional branding and environmental experience in a firm or studio setting (print and digital).
- Has a degree or diploma in Graphic Design from an accredited University or College.
- Has a strong portfolio which demonstrates your creative thinking, flawless execution and versatile application to various mediums.
- Has experience in leading a project through all aspects of the design process from concept to production and execution.
- Has an exceptional design sense with the ability to integrate and execute messaging, colour, imagery, and typography into two- and three-dimensional spaces for large-scale applications.
- Understands the importance and value of storytelling, and can adopt the voice, brand standards and personality of multiple brands seamlessly.
- Has an internal love of innovation and is willing to learn and try new things in order to find the best solution to any design challenge.
- Is forward thinking with a strong ability to balance strategy and design.
- Is comfortable working in multi-disciplinary teams and collaborating effectively with colleagues in every step of a project, while still being able to work autonomously when required.
- Possesses an obsessive attention to detail.
- Excels at time management and successfully juggles multiple projects in a fast-paced and self-driven environment.
- Has a solid working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Has a good sense of humour and a passion for hospitality.
- Experience with reading architectural drawing packages and CAD knowledge is an asset
- Web development skills are an asset
- Create outstanding design concepts and provide solutions that satisfy project goals and adhere to graphic design best practices. Projects will range from signage and wayfinding programs, environmental graphics and artifacting, to corporate identity, branding, collateral and presentations, to social media and web design projects.
- Design, prepare for production and specify components for fabrication, complete with design intent specifications, details, and sections.
- Articulate concepts, sketches and schedules with the Partners, Branding Studio Director and Project Managers.
- Closely collaborate with other departments to create and execute brand-forward projects.
- Coordinate with production fabricators and installation vendors.
- Prepare client-facing presentation material and communicate directly with clients and stakeholders.
- Ensure designs follow project schedules and quality standards.
- Recommend techniques, methods, and media best suited to produce desired visual effects and successfully achieve required design results.
- Aid in the planning, scheduling, brainstorming and creation of engaging and visually appealing content for mackaywong's social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook).
- Contribute to the constant evolution of mackaywong’s creative process.
- Manage creative resources and assets.
- Help expand and shape our in-house marketing needs.
Sound like the perfect gig for you? Then we’d love to meet you! Please send us your resume and portfolio. While we thank all those who took the time to apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.