Creative Director, Hambly & Woolley
Vice President, Communications & Committee Chair
Over the past 22 years, Toronto-based Hambly & Woolley has received over 350 national and international design awards. Bob's creative mind is always at work at H&W, where clients benefit from his fresh perspective, eye for detail and knack for personal service. Bob lectures frequently on design and design-related topics to varied institutions, associations and organizations.
- Julian is the designer and entrepreneur behind the motion design studio On The Chase. In its first five years, OTC has won international awards and collaborated with diverse clients ranging from high-profile non-profit MaRS to award-winning filmmaker Sarah Polley. Julian has been profiled in industry magazines Applied Arts and Design Edge as a rising young talent. He is a graduate of the York/Sheridan Design Degree program.
- Having lived and worked in Buenos Aires, LA, NYC, Mexico City and Toronto, Vanessa brings an international perspective to her work. In 1998, she founded Blok Design, which has partnered with leading thinkers in the fields of architecture, film, industrial design and contemporary art to produce work for a range of clients, including Pepsi, Nike, the Miami Art Museum and Unicef.
- Nicola is an art director at Studio Wyse, a firm focused on serving up story-driven editorial design. She is a graduate of Humber's Graphic Design program, a former Deputy Art Director at Chatelaine, a former Associate Art Director at The Grid and a total magazine nerd. Nicola has been co-chair of RGD's Provisional Committee since June 2015, where she focused on increasing engagement through events (Designers + Drinks + Discussions) and online resources (Ask An RGD video series).
- As Manager of Creative Services for the City of Mississauga, Tina leads an award-winning design team that delivers services for a multitude of projects and programs. She began her in-house career at Honeywell and Scotiabank. Her team provides a range of expertise and was honoured as the DesignThinkers 2012 Design Partner, the first time an in-house design team was given this opportunity.
Rod experienced the thrill successful communication design can bring early in his career in Australia. A newspaper ad he worked on attracted so many buyers to a store, it created gridlock in downtown Melbourne… and a passion for results-driven-design in Rod. At J. Walter Thompson in Melbourne, Rod and agency colleagues convinced a national advertiser to integrate collateral with the advertising. What now seems an obvious design strategy was new for large ad agencies at that time. The resulting increased sales changed that.
He continued this design approach as an art director at Lawrence Wolf Inc., Buffalo, N.Y. with clients that included Kodak, Bausch & Lomb, & leading NY pharmaceutical companies. Later he helped open the Toronto office of Wolf, becoming a creative director. Accounts: Sunbeam, Canon, Volkswagen, and Esso. Over the decades with Nash & Nash Ltd, Rod has continued to promote effective design.
- Karen is a principal at Sputnik Design Partners. In her 25 years as a designer, Karen has provided creative direction and design management for an impressive array of material. Her work includes strategic branding programs, annual reports, identities, book covers and websites for clients such as CTV, Canada Post, HOK, LCBO, Penguin Canada, and Roots.
Communications Committee Members