- Review and revise RGD’s Rules of Professional Conduct as needed.
- Codify Rules of Professional Conduct to ensure they are clear and explicit on specific situations that are common in the industry.
- Advise on ethical issues that may arise from both design professionals, educators, managers and/or buyers of design.
- Assist with spec work advocacy by identifying and reacting to instances where the Rules are compromised, particularly in the area of spec work.
- Review and assist to write questions for the Rules of Professional Conduct section of the Registered Graphic Designers Qualification Examination.
- Develop presentation/resources to assist applicants to prepare and successfully complete the Rules section on the Exam.
- Interest in and understanding of RGD’s Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Interest in and understanding of the ethical issues being faced in the industry, including with educational institutions, with clients, within in-house departments and within design firms.
- Time to contribute to the work of the committee via email feedback, teleconference discussions and independent and group work.
- Must be a Member of RGD