Work where no client is involved but that where designers identify causes they would like to raise awareness for or where they identify solutions to societal challenges. This might include a poster design to raise awareness; a website for a petition to demonstrate support of an issue; a communications-based solution to change behaviour.
- This project aims to enable viewers to experience what colour blindness feels like to encourage empathy for those who suffer from it.
- Millions of birds migrate from Central and South America each year through Toronto. Happening high above the ground, this phenomenon is largely invisible to us, making it difficult to raise awareness of declining bird populations.
- Targeting post-secondary students, this project addresses the issue of paper cup waste.
- This social communication campaign illustrates the excuses people use to justify impaired driving.
- Launched in 2012 with an organized boycott of fast food, this campaign empowers high school students to take control of their own nutrition.