Donna is an innovative design leader with over 13 years of experience building and transforming ideas into brand experiences. She has a proven knowledge of brand, creative strategy, communication and management with an emphasis on client service excellence. At Deloitte, she works with a talented team of designers based all over Canada and overseas. She has been an in-house designer since she graduated from York University/Sheridan College Program in Design where she received her Bachelor of design with Honours. You will always see her with a smile on her face. When she isn’t designing, she can be found building robots with her son, playing hide and go seek or singing very loudly and out of tune in her car.
- Grace has two decades of experience working with companies to leverage the power of design, bringing meaningful products and services to market and finding the intersection between what matters to people and how technology can help deliver it. Prior to Carrot, Grace spent 12 years at global innovation consultancy IDEO where she co-led the Food and Beverage practice and served as Executive Director of the Design for Health practice. In these roles, Grace led multi-disciplinary teams and collaborated with startups, non-profit organizations and Fortune 500 companies like Samsung, NASA, AARP, and ConAgra, helping them innovate through rapid prototyping and insight-driven design. She holds multiple patents and was awarded a Fast Company Innovation By Design Award for her work on the patient and employee experience for Planned Parenthood. Grace holds BSc degrees in mechanical engineering and product design from Stanford University.
- Jamie has led large-scale design efforts at Adobe for over 13 years, spearheading the company’s development of next-generation design tools through its transformation to a cloud-based software leader. Her experience goes beyond restructuring and redesigning applications, but to redefining Adobe’s business as well. In her role, Jamie aims to inspire the next wave of design leaders, encouraging her teams to push boundaries and develop skills that impact all aspects of business strategy and product creation. Jamie has championed Diversity and Inclusion initiatives at Adobe, and has a particular interest in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Immersive Experiences as they relate to design.
- Working with museums and cultural institutions over the last 19 years, Eric has met the many challenges and demands associated with the world of creative direction, production and installation of exhibitions. During the course of his career, he acquired an intimate knowledge of museum practices, environmental design and architectural installation. Throughout his experiences, he has led multi-disciplinary teams to develop, design and execute promotional products, marketing campaigns featuring art, archaeology and historical collections. From 2013 to 2016, Eric oversaw the creative in-house team that implemented the first Muslim art museum in North America, the Aga Khan Museum. He has been at the Canadian Museum of History since 2016.
- Ian has over 20 years of experience in creative design. Starting his career in Toronto working on national and international print campaigns, Ian returned to his northwestern Ontario roots, producing materials for the tourism industry and establishing his own design business, Kuda Media. For the past nine years, Ian has been producing award-winning work at Confederation College, also teaching in the Interactive Media Development program to inspire the designers of tomorrow. Bringing a strategic, design-thinking approach to all of his projects, Ian focuses on achieving exceptional outcomes and influences the creative direction of Confederation’s local, provincial and international campaigns.
- A customer and UX influencer, Evan started a sole proprietorship in college, working with international fashion brands like Gucci and Chanel. He then expanded his reach designing eCommerce and research experiences for Motorola and Google. Being an empathetic problem solver (and a true gearhead hobbyist) has made Evan a go-to for cracking complex problems for further brands like Microsoft, American Express, Fidelity and more. As Director of Experience Design, he works with globally distributed teams on the enhancement user and customer experience executions. He co-owns multiple technology patents comprising Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and innovative mobile app thinking. Though a dedicated family man, he still finds time to mentor designers around the world, consults on college design programs and reviews professional portfolios. He believes life is an experience in which you never stop learning.