This webinar discusses how we use design and visual communication to reach our patients and visitors. Topics will include:
- the value of graphic design in healthcare
- strategies to produce quality informational materials that patients can easily use and understand
- how we use design and illustration to improve communication, safety, and inclusivity
- how we collaborate with front-line staff and patients
- the importance of evaluating and continually improving our work
- how we promote design within our organization
Date: Thursday, October 6 at 12:00pm ET
About Kristin Foster
Kristin is a graphic designer and illustrator with the Patient & Family Education Program at the University Health Network, a network of four hospitals in Toronto. She collaborates with education specialists and clinical staff such as nurses, surgeons and therapists to create patient information materials. Her work integrates design, illustration, accessibility and principles of health literacy to produce print and digital content that is easy for patients and their families to understand. Her illustrations have also been published in educational resources at healthcare organizations across Ontario, the US and internationally.
To view this webinar recording, sign in to the Members Only Section, go to Video Archive and click on the Webinars 2016 tab on the lefthand side.
Become an Affiliate Member of RGD to attend unlimited webinars for free.