RGD So(cial) Good Design Awards Call for Entries Deadline
Final Deadline: March 2, 2018
Today’s designers have an ever greater responsibility to visualize the significant issues facing our society and find new ways to incite change in the way we behave. When we approach these issues creatively, we can make a real difference in the world.
Celebrate the power of design! Submit your entry here!
So(Good) Design Award-winners receive:
- Recognition in a printed Awards Annual distributed to 3,500 across Canada
- Recognition on the RGD website and across RGD's other communication channels
- Recognition at DesignThinkers 2018 VAN taking place at the Vancouver Playhouse on May 29-30
- A physical Award
- 20% discount to attend DesignThinkers 2018 VAN
- Not-For-Profit Client-Initiated Projects: Any communications-based projects where a not-for-profit and/or charity is the client.
- For-Profit Client-Initiated Projects: Any communications-based projects where a for-profit company is the client, either where the client has a social mission built into their business model or where a business-driven client develops or funds an initiative for social good.
- Designer-Driven Projects: Work where no client is involved but that where designers identify causes they would like to raise awareness for or where they identify solutions to societal challenges.
- Government-Initiated Projects: Any communications-based projects where a government department, governmental agency or crown corporation is the client. The design team/designer may work internally or externally to the client.
Judging - Selection Criteria:
- The project effectively promotes action in support of social change.
- The project demonstrates originality and creativity through advanced, unusual or clever solutions, uniqueness of materials, originality of components and/or creative use of resources.
- The project demonstrates good design, through the elegance and sophistication of core design concepts, the layout and use of space, typography, clever synergies of visual elements, artistic integration, etc.
$40 per entry for Student RGD Members
$70 per entry for Professional Members*
$95 per entry for non-Members
* includes Members of RGD, GDC, SDGQ, AIGA & Ico-D Member Associations
Provisional RGDs receive 1 Free Entry
RGD Team Members receive 3 Free Entries