Stand out in the Crowd
Provisional RGDs display their commitment to design professionalism and have the opportunity to connect with employers, colleagues and clients.
- 8 or less years of professional experience
- does not include 13% tax
- pro-rating starts in February - $12.50 per month to end of year
- You will be asked to complete a form to identify preferences for your Portfolio Reviewer (required as part of the Membership).
- Then we will contact you to put you in touch with your Portfolio Reviewer.
- Reviews can take place virtually or in-person, depending on your location, areas of interest and availability of Reviewers.
Feedback from new Provisional RGDs
"My review was a positive, constructive experience. My reviewer was knowledgeable and provided great advice and feedback."
"My review was fantastic. My reviewer gave me lots of actionable feedback about my portfolio."
"I really enjoyed my review. It was nice to receive advice from someone who has been in the creative industry for a long time."
Membership Benefits (download full list of benefits here)
- Use of the Provisional RGD designation after your name on promotional materials and profiles, including resumes, self-promotional websites, LinkedIn, etc.
- Use of a Provisional RGD logo to include on self-promotional websites, your resume, etc.
- Provisional RGDs are required to have their portfolio of 6-8 projects reviewed
- 100% off fees to go through the process to become a Certified RGD (savings of $150)
- Opportunity to have annual portfolio reviews (virtual or in-person) to help you identify projects and prepare rationales for your Certification Portfolio Presentation
- Opportunity to participate in special preparation sessions for the Certification Online Test
- Opportunity to undertake individual sections of the Online Test in advance of Certification Eligibility
- Listing in RGD's searchable Directory
- FREE entry into Scholarship Programs to DesignThinkers Conference
- Discounts to enter other RGD Awards, including new In-House Design Awards
- Access to free webinars on a range of business and design topics
- Access to RGD's Future by Design panels via live webcast
- Access to 200+ recorded webinars and panel discussions
- Access to recordings from DesignThinkers 2009 to DesignThinkers 2017 including presentations by Aaron Draplin; Karin Fong; Jessica Hische; Chip Kidd; Ellen Lupton; Emily Oberman; Stefan Sagmeister; Erik Spiekermann; James Victore & Jessica Walsh
- Receive a copy of The Business of Graphic Design: The RGD Professional Handbook
($10 plus HST for shipping)
- RGD's Accessibility Guidelines
- Creative Earners National Salary Survey Report
- - Receive 10% off your professional Member dues for the following year or on a DesignThinkers registration for any referrals from new Provisional RGD Members.