As a virtual event, we invite cities across Canada to host local screening venues where members of the community can gather to watch presentations, conduct their own group discussions and participate in the live Q&A.
Date: Tuesday, April 2, 2019 from 6:00 - 8:00pm EST
To host a local screening at your venue, please fill out an application.
- See presentations and hear insights from leading creative professionals from across North America with discussions webcast live to your location
- Participate in the discussion by submitting questions via text or webcam
- Connect with members of your creative community by inviting creative professionals in your area to meet up and have your own discussions
- Receive goodies from RGD and a variety of industry suppliers to distribute to all participants, as well as special draw prizes
September 2014 FBD discussion group at McMillan Agency, Ottawa
What you need:
- a venue that can accommodate a group of 20 or more
- speakers and a large screen to display the webcast
- a computer with reliable internet connection (webcam optional)
- Promotion leading up to event (RGD will provide link to details with RSVP link, social media messaging to be shared with your network, email messaging to be forwarded to contacts and pdf posters to be shared in your community)
- Tech test with RGD - prior to the event, RGD will review the technical set-up with you to make sure you are able to log on from your location and address any issues or questions you have about the format
- Hosting the group - RGD will provide giveaway materials and a budget for refreshments for the event. We'll send over the list of registrants for you to check people in as they arrive.
- Leading the discussion - Qe'll ask you to encourage attendees to engage with the topic and come up with questions to ask onscreen or in writing during the Q&A.
May 2015 FBD discussion group at Sid Lee, Montreal
"There is a strong community of designers here in London who look forward to attending design-related events - it is great to have opportunities to build on this and create more awareness of the design industry at large" -- Jason Recker RGD, London
February 2014 FBD discussion group at College of the North Atlantic, St John's NFLD
"Before tuning into the web cast we had an opportunity to chat as a group and have everyone introduce themselves. New connections were made - which was great to see!" - Wendy Millard RGD, Kingston
February 2014 FBD discussion group at Factory Media Centre, Hamilton
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions hosting a group for our next Future By Design discussion.