Criteria for Pieces
- Select 6 projects that demonstrate your highest level of professional work.
- Practitioners should demonstrate an ability to develop and implement solutions to complex problems encountered in all phases of the design process.
- Managers should demonstrate an ability to develop and implement effective design management strategies.
- Educators should focus on teaching and research, demonstrating an ability to develop and implement effective teaching strategies.
- All 6 projects must have been completed as a professional (not as a student) and cannot include work created for academic credit.
- 1 piece must have been produced in the last 12 months; 2 others must have been produced in the last 5 years.
- Maximum 2 pro bono projects for which the design process was the same as for paid work may be included
- Maximum 1 project of self-published design may be included
You must submit written rationales for each of your 6 portfolio pieces. Each rationale must include the following:
- visual reference to the piece in a high enough resolution it can be reasonably reviewed on a computer monitor
- a description of your role and contribution to the project (if you were in a team, how you fit into that team); project objectives; target audience; concept; an overview of design issues; an overview of the design process; the outcome/results of the process
- date when produced
Please review the following examples to get a sense of what is expected:
- Steve Garwood RGD - 150 King Branding (as above)
- Jennifer Cross RGD - Good Gravy / Artisan Food Co. (submitted through form with images sent as a file)