As part of your application, you must submit Case Studies for Projects that you will present in your Portfolio Presentation
- Practitioner/Manager applicants must submit 6 Case Studies for the 6 projects
- Educator applicants must submit 3 Case Studies for the 3 projects
Please note all work submitted will remain completely confidential and shared only with selected members of RGD's Eligibility Review Committee and RGD's Evaluation Committee who observe strict confidentiality and conflict of interest guidelines.
Specific Criteria for Portfolio Projects
- All projects must have been completed as a professional (not as a student) and cannot include work created for academic credit.
- All projects should demonstrate your highest level of professional work.
- All projects must align with the RGD Code of Ethics. In particular, no projects can have been created as spec work.
- At least 1 project must have been produced in the last 12 months (June 2021 update: DUE TO COVID-19, this has been extended to 24 months at least until the end of 2022); 2 other projects must have been produced in the last 5 years.
- No more than 2 projects can be pro bono projects (design process must be the same as for paid work)
- No more than 1 project can be self-published design (such as your own business identity, portfolio website or self-published book)
General Considerations for Selecting Projects
- Practitioners should demonstrate an ability to develop and implement solutions to complex problems encountered in all phases of the design process.
- Managers should demonstrate an ability to develop and implement effective design management strategies.
- Educators should focus on teaching and research, demonstrating an ability to develop and implement effective teaching strategies.
Case Study Preparation
Candidates are asked to outline the following information for each project:
- Design Process
- Supporting Materials: URL or PDF upload (final pieces are preferred)