- Our industry is inundated with requests for free work and uneducated buyers who don't understand or value the design process. With the support of the Association, a professional, legislated body, RGDs stand united against harmful and unethical business practices. You could have the opportunity to join the Ethics Committee to work on our No Spec initiative & other issues to make a difference in your industry.
- RGDs receive exclusive opportunities to be showcased through the RGD website and beyond. By using the RGD logo and designation across professional platforms and promotional materials, you equate yourself with other certified professionals such as CAs and APRs.
- RGD offers opportunities to connect with clients, either by inviting them to webinars (10 free passes are provided to RGDs) or to invite 1-2 clients to attend a special business-focused session at the DesignThinkers Conference. Association one-pagers such as Why Hire an RGD? and What do Designers Charge? are also valuable resources to pass on to prospective clients and include in proposals.
- Every November in Toronto, the DesignThinkers Conference attracts over 1,500 creative professionals from around the world to hear from a line-up of visionary speakers on the important trends, technologies and issues impacting creativity, communication and marketing. RGDs attend at significantly discounted rates.
- As a mentor, judging RGD's annual Student Awards or reviewing student portfolios, RGDs have exclusive opportunities to give back and help strengthen the graphic design community for the future. Every March, RGDs are invited to participate in Creative Directions, a career development conference for emerging designers.
- RGD also connects members with the expertise of individuals in specialized fields, providing opportunities to learn from other members in our community.