With a minimal time commitment, the program provides a chance to connect and engage with other industry professionals who can benefit from your unique insight. Working with a recently-graduated designer who has a fresh perspective on the industry is a chance for you to learn something too.
"Years ago I got involved in RGD's Mentorship program and it turned out to be an extremely rewarding experience. He had the chance to ask me questions about the industry and I got to show him a real design studio and the work that we were doing. We also met for coffee a few times to discuss design, and I provided him with some advice on his career. I hope that I had a positive impact on his design perspective, because the mentorship program definitely had a great influence on me." - Christine Kurys RGD
- 4 to 6 one-hour sessions over a 6-month period
- Offering expert feedback on portfolios, résumés, etc.
- Enhancing self-esteem, self-confidence and maturity of protégés
- Providing advice on job hunting and networking
- Encouraging ethical and professional practices
Who is eligible to be a Mentor:
- RGD (who mentor Prov. RGDs) and Provisional RGD members (who mentor Student RGDs)
- a non-member professional working in the industry who has been referred to the program by an RGD Member
- Available to participate for a minimum of 6 months
For more information, read over the Mentor Guidelines.
To participate in the program, submit a Mentor Agreement.
Click here for a more detailed overview of the Mentorship program, or email RGD's Membership Coordinator, Christina Dahl,