Registered Graphic Designers interested in contributing a pro bono design are invited to put their names forward to be considered for RGD's 2016 Certification Sticker.
Beginning in 2013 with a design from Mondor Design Associates in Kitchener, followed by the 2014 design from Jim Ryce Design & Direction in Toronto and the 2015 design from Design de Plume in Sudbury, Certification Stickers are created and distributed to certified RGDs to be added to their RGD Certificates and Membership Cards each year, acknowledging their on-going certification and commitment to professional standards, best practices and ethical conduct in our industry.
"We were excited for the opportunity to work with RGD on a project like this because we believe in what they do and we encourage other designers to become Members. RGD is a national force and we don't always get the chance to interact with fellow Members on a creative level so it's really exciting to see our collaboration in the hands of every RGD across Canada. We love giving back to the design community and showing our appreciation to RGD and our entire community. It was a great experience and everyone involved in the process was great to work with." - Design de Plume
This is a great opportunity for small firms and individual designers to share their creative vision with their fellow Members and contribute to their non-profit professional association. The selected designer (or designers) is featured on a card presenting the stickers and on marketing through RGD and receives 3 free registrations to attend DesignThinkers (valued at approx. $1,500 - can be used at 3 consecutive conferences or in one year).
Many design firms have contributed creative work to RGD's programming and initiatives over the years. For a full list of past design sponsors, click here.
To be selected as the designer for RGD's 2016 Certification Sticker:
- You must be a Certified RGD
- You must have a profile in RGD's Designer Directory (uploading 5 or more samples of work)
- You must have completed the "Get Involved Form" and have selected '2016 sticker design'.
Deadline to express interest: Midnight on Monday, November 30, 2015
- RGD's Communications Committee will select the 2016 Sticker Designer after reviewing the profiles of interested RGDs and will contact the individual with a creative brief for the project in December.
- You will be asked to design 3 concepts.
- The final design will need to be completed in January.