- How do you keep your team's skill set up to date with all of the rapidly changing software and tools we use?
- Some teams are at the "Design as a Service level" where others have been able to expand into more of a "Design as a Strategy Role". Tell us where your team is at on this scale and how did you get to a higher level?
- AODA Accessibility rules have impacted how we produce both online and web pdfs. For your in-house design team, how are you dealing with the additional work?
- What key skills or behaviours, competencies do you think an in-house designer needs to have to be successful on the inside? Versus a designer that works at an agency or freelances?
- How do you keep communications fresh while working within corporate standards?
Date: Thursday, September 15 at 12:00pm ET
Mark Cohen is the Senior Manager of Creative, Production & Digital for the Strategic and Editorial Content group in the TD Wealth division of TD Bank. With his guidance, TD became the first Canadian bank to use video on the web in 1998. Mark manages an in-house team that delivers digital content, content used both internally by staff and externally by clients. Recent projects he has led include the creation of an in-house video production studio, a market news video website, MoneyTalk, and the launch of MoneyTalk Life, a new digital personal finance publication.
Andrew Davies is a Toronto-based design thinker with over a decade of experience working in digital media, currently responsible for overseeing the Digital Creative, User Experience and Product teams at Corus. Andrew's focus is to support and innovate interactive experiences across the 45 branded websites and mobile applications. Taking a user centred design approach, he has a passion for collaborating with, leading and mentoring creative and product teams. Andrew's career has seen him delivering digital products on both the agency and client side and spans across financial, advertising and the entertainment industry.
Wendy Millard RGD has an extensive background with in-house design management and designing the process in which toengage design. With over 20 years of experience, she’s led several design rebrands in the technology and financial services sectors. She is a graduate, advisory board member and mentor for St. Lawrence College Graphic Design Program. She is on the Board of Directors for RGD and is the RGD PR Committee Chair. Wendy’s formula for successful in-house design is to deliver high quality, award-winning work AND exceptional partnership with internal stakeholders
Kelly Nicoll started with PwC Canada as a temp for a two month contract. Fifteen years later - the last five as National Creative Lead - after two global rebrands; a stint in the London, UK office; assignments in New York, Brussels and Montevideo and six months off to explore South America; and through working with loads of fabulous teams (and a couple of really great mentors), she found that in-house design for accountants was a lot more fascinating that it first appeared.