Spin Design Solutions is seeking a project manager to work within their fast-paced creative environment. Spin is an award-winning design studio, providing turn-key branding and design solutions.
We are searching for a detail-oriented project manager, who is polished and comfortable in a client-facing role.
The manager’s primary focus will be managing Spin’s clients as the day-to-day contact for all project requests, SOWs, creative briefs, scope creep, budgets, and schedules. In addition, they will be reasonable for creating and managing the critical path on all projects.
The manger will provide the studio with a big-picture view of how all our projects are managed, and how the current workload, collectively and individually, impacts both Spin’s and our client’s budget, staffing, scheduling, responsiveness etc.
Organized, detail-oriented, multi-tasker and self-motivated. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. One to three years’ of experience in a similar “command central” project management or producer role, with particular expertise and passion in people, budget and schedule management.
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Must be detail-oriented and thrive in a busy environment
• Communicate effectively with internal staff and external clients
• Experience as a project manager / studio producer within the design industry
(One to three years’ experience)
• RGD designation considered an asset
• Create and distribute internal schedules, and monitor/track staff and external resources to meet schedules
• Manage in-house staff and external resources (e.g. printers, developers, illustrators, photographers, writers, videographers, animators)
• Work within project management software to access any necessary project management reports (schedules, resource allocation, project-level budgets)
• Write, manage and negotiate SOWs, creative briefs, schedules, change orders, status reports and any other necessary documents required by clients, with approval and input
• Issue weekly status updates, as needed, to clients
• Direct management of all client relationships to ensure client satisfaction from project initiation through to completion and subsequent postmortems
• Research and identify the best, simplest and most appropriate project management tools, systems and processes to support the entire studio. Train and manage Spin Design team (including new hires and outside resources) on these tools, systems and processes to ensure consistency of usage and efficiency
• Proofread own work and ensure accuracy of content. Also, help proof all studio work, not as professional proofreader, but as fresh eyes
• Review staff and external resource time sheets and/or invoices on a weekly basis to ensure submission and accuracy (e.g. that both billable and non-billable time is accounted, time has been applied accurately and realistically to each job, and accuracy to resource’s estimate)
• Help write and update social media and website with current projects and news
• Help principals write, manage and negotiate project proposals and contracts
• Help identify/research promotional and new business opportunities (potential prospects) that align with studio’s positioning
• Stay abreast of local industry and client-facing opportunities, and attend these events, when possible, to continually promote the studio
How to Apply
Send a PDF of your resume, cover letter, and portfolio with salary expectations to . Please explain your experience and why you think you are the right candidate. Applications submitted with salary expectations will be given priority. Thank you to all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time