Campus Living Centres is hiring a Marketing Designer for their Eglinton Head Office.
Position: Marketing Designer
Posting Date: October 2, 2017
Location: Eglinton Head Office
214-5405 Eglinton Ave West, Toronto ON M9C 5K6
Start Date: TBD
Department: Marketing & Sales
Application Deadline: October 13, 2017 by 11:55pm EST
Instructions: Applications must include a current resume and cover letter. Applications must be submitted to our careers website at http://campuslivingcentres.workable.com
Special Notes: Only selected applicants will be notified if they have been chosen to take part in an interview process.
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The primary responsibility of the Marketing Designer is to create and manage all traditional and digital media associated with the marketing, promotion, and advertising of Campus Living Centres. This includes items associated with the student academic season, the conference and summer accommodations season, off-campus student housing, and corporate business development responsibilities. The day to day tasks of this position are generated through a combination of regularly scheduled annual on-going projects, and new media requests submitted by internal stakeholders.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Student Residence Media
• Collaborate with post-secondary institutional partners and private developers to integrate their respective brands into the development of various student recruitment print and digital media (brochures, banners, postcards, posters, etc.) to promote all Campus Living Centres’ managed residences.
• Maintain all Student Residence Admission, Administrative, and Residence Living Standards forms.
Websites (Corporate, Student Residence, Summer Accommodations)
• Maintain the various company websites (using WordPress):
o Maintain the Corporate website (campuslivingcentres.com).
o Maintain the all the Campus Living Centres’ managed Student Residence websites.
o Maintain the Summer Accommodations website (stayrcc.com).
• Maintain a consistent brand standard through all communications including typography, logo, and visuals:
o Proposal and Request for Proposal (RFP) Responses
o Company-wide Policy & Procedure Documents
o Corporate Highlight Documents
o Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook templates
o Promotional Media
Summer Accommodation Marketing & Amenities
• Design promotional materials for the “Residence & Conference Centre” brand for hotel alternative accommodations;
o Design various print and digital media (advertisements, brochures, banners, flyers, etc.).
• Identify and negotiate with printers and suppliers to obtain quotes and quality deliverables on time and on budget.
• Other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety
• Works in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA, regulations and internal policies and procedures and reports any contraventions to their supervisor.
• Uses or wears the equipment, protective devices or clothing that Campus Living Centres requires.
• Reports to the appropriate supervisor(s) any hazards, missing or defective equipment or protective device which could endanger any person.
• Does not engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
• Reports any risks or potential risks of violence or harassment encountered in the workplace immediately to supervisor.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
• Inter-Personal Skills
• Customer Service
• Skill & Knowledge
• Quality of Desired Results
• Adaptability & Flexibility
• Organizing & Planning
• Overall Performance
Education: Recognized College Diploma or University Degree in Graphic Design, or a related field
Skills/Abilities: The successful candidate would possess a unique combination of skills and experience, including a comprehensive set of technical skills balanced with a strong set of communication, time management, and project management skills. Specific skills and abilities include:
• Understanding of and experience in branding, layout, colour theory, and typography in both print and digital media.
• Exceptional aesthetic sense and intuitive understanding of design principles.
• Highly proficient skills in the following programs:
o Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
o Microsoft Office
• Proficient in Internet related applications such as:
o FTP clients.
o Web Browsers and browser specific compatibility issues.
• Knowledge in content management systems (primarily WordPress).
• Strong written, oral, presentation, and especially visual communication skills.
• Effectively manage a high volume of projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet quick deadlines, and work well under pressure.
• Ability to work with a large variety of clients and develop strong relationships.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment on strategic issues.
• Self-motivated, acute attention to detail, excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
Experience Required: Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related position.
Hours per Week: Scheduled 44 hours per week (may need to work more during peak times in the year, or during critical projects, hours can be irregular, including extended hours)
Level of Interruption: High level of interruption
Stress Level: Moderate overall stress level
Travel Outside of Location: Minimal
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation. Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request with our HR Department at .