Loblaw Companies Ltd. is currently seeking a Full time Freelance Senior Designer for their Control Brand division.
Design effective marketing materials adhering to strict banner and brand guidelines. This role requires effective creative and design skills for a wide range of print, social media and digital materials such as publications, magazine and newspaper ads, brochures, point of sale, web banners, social media posts, animated and video content and other promotional materials.
- Collaborate with lead creatives, writers and production artists to create original, industry leading, customer-centric advertising concepts, social media posts, and other content for print and online purposes.
- Create graphics and advertising materials to support Loblaw Marketing initiatives.
- Lead projects from concept through to final files.
- Create effective, industry leading creative concepts.
- Ensure creative transfers effectively into French language and Bilingual versions.
- Source stock photography and appropriate existing photography.
- Work closely with creative leads to achieve the desired result.
- Work effectively with outside suppliers such as photographers and printers when required.
- Maintain effective workflow, and help ensure all parties meet their deadlines.
- Monitor latest design trends and be familiar with competitor marketing programs.
- Stay up to date in terms of software and creative techniques.
- Present creative concepts to marketing partners and clients as needed.
Key Performance Measures:
- Advanced graphic design and typographical skills,
- Excellent understanding of effective and unique advertising.
- Advanced ability to use photography and copy effectively in advertising.
- Advanced Ability to quickly react & adapt to business needs with initiative and creativity.
- Ability to prioritize and lead multiple deadline-driven task/projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform in and feed into a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent Ability to create effective, original advertising materials on tight timelines.
- Excellent Ability to respond to emergency tasks without notice.
- Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent degree in a field of study related to the design profession.
- 5 or more years experience in graphic design in a marketing environment.
- World-class typography skills.
- Mastery of pre-press file preparation including font management and support file links.
- Mastery of key components of the Adobe Creative Suite on the Mac platform.
- Some copywriting skill, and the ability to judge effective copy.
- Excels in a collaborative, team environment.
- Exceptionally innovative and creative, with excellent ability to collaborate.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to effectively source information, obtain approvals, build relationships, and provide sufficient influence to achieve success.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
The candidate would be required to work Monday-Friday from the Brampton office.