The Adobe Creative Residency program gives talented individuals a year to work on a personal creative project, while sharing their process with the community.
Deadline for Applications: February 25, 2018
Residents apply new ideas and tools to their work and inspire others to try new methods. Adobe provides residents with the best creative tools and resources, along with guidance from advisors and a complete compensation package.
Who can apply
We will accept applications from residents of the United States, Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland).
This year, we have a focus on the following fields:
- Digital drawing and painting
- Graphic design (digital and print)
- UI/UX design
- Short form online video
The Creative Residency program aims to provide a diverse range of creative viewpoints, backgrounds, and experiences, so even if your area of interest is not in one of the fields above, we still encourage you to apply.
Preparing your application
Use your creative strengths to craft a visually compelling project proposal and application. The application materials are your medium to communicate your process, vision, and style.
Here are the kinds of questions you should be prepared to answer in the application. Describe:
- Your project, including your goals of what you want to accomplish
- How this project builds off of your previous work
- Which creative tools you will use
- Your work flow for the project
- How you plan to share your project with the creative community
- What you want the creative community to learn from your project
- Your long term career goals and how the residency will help you achieve them