Production Coordinator - Toronto
The Works Design Communications is a full-service studio with expertise in brand development and stakeholder reporting, serving some of the world’s best companies. Our passionate, diverse and committed team is made up of subject matter experts, consultants, designers, writers and strategists who come together to create great work with purpose.
The Works’ custom-built offices sit in the heart of Toronto’s Corktown, just minutes from some of the best markets, parks and dining in the city. With all the bells and whistles of a brand new space, The Works’ studio comes with extras that keep our award-winning team smiling through their sweat – above and beyond the all-you-can-drink coffee.
This is not a nine-to-five kind of place and knowing that we make sure we offer some pretty awesome perks. Summertime rooftop BBQs (yes, we have a deck up there), kitchen bake-offs, and the occasional beverage cart are a few ways we keep the creative juices flowing at The Works. We support a limited flexible hours policy to encourage interests outside of what’s in your inbox. We trust that pride in producing great work means you recognize when the work-life balance shifts. We are a dog friendly workplace, and there are a few of them here. Some of them are big and you need to be okay with that.
As a Production Coordinator, you will assist in print and web production as well as be responsible for purchases and schedules of ongoing projects and deliverables. In addition, you will foster a creative and productive environment for the design and production teams to meet the needs of multiple printing and web schedules and on-going internal responsibilities.
What will you be doing, specifically?
- Work closely with the design and production teams for accurate and timely completion of all production materials.
- Collect necessary information to develop print and digital job specifications before design begins.
- Provide asset management support for the studio (i.e., version control through cataloguing, tagging/labelling, archiving).
- Provide support to the senior design team with purchase orders, managing costs and organization.
- Work with outside vendors; liaise with suppliers through production stages.
- Participate in production scheduling and interim review meetings.
- Monitor status of creative and production timelines and milestones.
- Provide production and QA support for the creative team.
What experience, special skills and personal traits do you absolutely need?
- Minimum 2 years of print production experience in an agency setting across our main practice areas (stakeholder communications, brand and collateral development).
- Experience with website quality assurance, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS is a must.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat on Mac Platform.
- Able to stay abreast of industry changes and technological advances in printing processes and web.
- Able to handle multiple projects and perform under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with good working knowledge of print production.
- Attention to detail, interest in technical work and strong work ethic.
If you’ve got what we are looking for and like the sound of how we work, then we want to see your resumé and cover letter (really important to us!). Please send your cover letter and resume via email to . We appreciate all interest but cannot respond to all applicants. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Want to learn more about us? Check out our website: www.worksdesign.com and follow us on twitter.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, The Works Design Communications will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.