At PagerDuty, we are building an incident management system to help IT operations groups respond to issues quickly and provide data visualizations to help reduce issues and improve overall quality. A seamless, simple web experience 24/7 is crucial to our continued growth, and we are looking for a mobile user experience designer who will have a considerable impact in making our user experience among the best.
Why We Need You
You love designing intuitive mobile experiences that delight your users and make them successful. You are creative and thoughtful, but you also care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback. You have a healthy interest in product development and collaborating with a team to turn your designs into beautiful reality. If we’ve just described you, then let’s talk about a role on our growing UX team working closely on our Mobile projects.
How You Will Contribute to Our Vision
- Design PagerDuty’s mobile products within an Agile development environment.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Ensure proper usage of PagerDuty UX style guidelines; contribute mobile-specific style guide content.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing product features, and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of mobile products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs, and A/B testing.
- A background in Human–Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Visual Design or a related field
- Enthusiastic about designing an intuitive experience and solving real problems for some of the most interesting and forward-thinking customers in the world
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates your involvement in the start-to-finish of several mobile UX projects.
- 3-5 years of UX design experience including designing outstanding mobile products.
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Experience designing mobile experiences from concept through post-release updates.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CC, Sketch and Invision.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- The ability to conjure up working prototypes using your tools of choice
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Love of mobile, apps or development environments.
- Systems thinker: good at learning new complex systems such as business applications.
- Knowing that design is in the details, you embrace complexity.
- Collaborative problem solver: work towards solutions by taking input from many sources––the user needs of developers, the goals of the business, the standards of our design system, and technical constraints.
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for businesses. Our SaaS-based solution empowers over 8,000 small, mid-size and enterprise global customers such as Comcast, eHarmony, Slack and Lululemon with the insight to intelligently respond to critical disruptions for exceptional customer experience. PagerDuty was founded to deliver a new and innovative approach to increase business response and efficiency. We follow agile methodology to build software that enables full-stack event intelligence, response orchestration, continuous learning and delivery, and facilitate the journey towards improved application, system, and service performance and availability. When brand reputation depends on customer satisfaction, PagerDuty arms businesses with the insight to proactively manage incidents and events that may impact customers across your IT environment. We were recently included in the 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists.
Our dedication to our customers, collaborative spirit, ‘risk, fail, learn’ attitude, and a Get Stuff Done ethos drive innovation through our product and our culture. We are incredibly proud of our people programs that enable our employees to deliver their best every day. From our performance achievement philosophy to our great benefits, our robust culture of recognition to our commitment to inclusion and diversity, solving complex technical problems to delivering an amazing customer experience, PagerDuty is where you can do the some of the best work of your career.
You can apply online here.