Intermediate Designer - London
Matrix Four is a boutique design studio based in London, ON with a local, national and international client base. Our work includes branding, packaging, print and digital communications.
As an Intermediate Designer, you will work alongside the Creative Director with the freedom to explore your own conceptual design solutions. You are comfortable prioritizing and working on several projects in tandem with minimal supervision, self-motivated and bring fresh eyes and ideas to aid in our client’s and company’s growth.
Estimated start date: mid-August
Full time position, with a 3 month probation period.
We offer competitive salaries, employer provided company benefit plan and office perks, such as summer hours.
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years in commercial design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) in a MAC environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Web design, HTML coding and/or Illustration skills considered an asset
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong design principles and strategic thinking
- Well versed in print production, with the ability to build print-ready files
- Knowledge of product packaging and brand identity
- Ability to interact with the design team to assist in developing unique and conceptual design solutions based on client direction
- A knack for detail, colour, typography and layout
- Excellent communication skills
- You possess effective time management skills to work efficiently on multiple projects, with the occasional tight deadline
- To work closely with, collaborate and brainstorm with the creative team
- A positive attitude and genuine interest in the success of our clients and the culture of our studio
- RGD designation considered an asset
Please email resume and portfolio to . We appreciate all submissions, but only eligible candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you.