You will get to work with an amazing team that values humour, great work, and finding new and better ways to do things.
Role Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Designing and production of marketing materials from concept to completion, including our Annual Report, magazines, calendar, brochures, strategic plan, campaign booklets, viewbooks, posters, and print and digital ads.
- Create and prepare files for print for internal and external printing
- Work with printers for quotes, proofing, and production of documents
- Meet with internal clients to determine the scope of projects and timeline
- Provide event support in the creation and printing of invitations, programs, posters, displays, and PowerPoint slides
- Assist with apparel and merchandise design for our Spirit Shop
- Provide social media graphics for a variety of platforms
- Photography of classroom and school activities
- Ensure the highest quality and brand consistency of projects
- Coordinate and execute print project mailings
Education & Experience Required:
- Graphic Design Degree or Diploma
- Experience and expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience in print publication layout and design
- Experience working with external printers
- Understanding of creating graphics for social media
- Understanding of basic communication principles and how to get a message across to various audiences
- Understanding of brand guidelines and working within them
- Ability to manage many projects and tasks simultaneously
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a tight-knit team environment (teamwork makes the dream work!)
- Flexible and adaptive, comfortable with change
- Strong understanding of customer service and the importance of user experience
These would be a plus but are not required, so let us know if you can do the any of the following:
- Illustration skills
- Web design/html/css
- Copywriting and editing
- Video production
Who We Are:
Meadowridge is an independent school with students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. We are an International Baccalaureate Continuum World School accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Canadian Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
Our community is caring and open-minded with a focus on the well-being of our students, staff, and families. For more information about Meadowridge School please visit www.meadowridge.bc.ca.
Our Mission is learning to live well, with others and for others, in a just community. This statement is central to all we do at the school and guides us in what we do.
We are a school so you should be comfortable working with and around children. A criminal record check is required for this position.
Please send the following to to apply:
- Cover letter
- Link to professional portfolio of design work
- Two references (or ability to provide them upon request)