Req ID: 1154
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Duration: Contract for 1 year
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 12/13/2018
About the Team
The Digital Team is working with people across our organization to make the City’s digital services and information simpler, clearer and faster for citizens and businesses. We’re all about focusing on the customer, designing with evidence, and measuring our results. We’re a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, content writers, and strategists who are passionate about creating a great customer experience.
- You are passionate about creating simple, accessible digital experiences that are easy to use
- You have a positive and resilient personality
- You are comfortable working in a self-guided manner, and can prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently
- You are an influencer, creator and leader who is flexible, curious, and versatile
- You are ready to roll up your sleeves and work in a productive and agile way to get things done
Duties and Responsibilities
You will help solve complex design problems by translating user needs into simple, elegant digital solutions. You’ll work with people in many different roles, from other designers, to front-end developers to stakeholders. You’ll work on a number of projects including leading the design and UX for a new digital service to help people search for property information.
You’ll need to:
- Design online experiences for complex applications and websites using a user-centered, evidence-based approach.
- Conduct research using user interviews, usability testing, task analysis, persona development, analytics, and other customer inputs.
- Facilitate and lead meetings and product design workshops with large groups.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills needed to drive the design and experience of products.
- Take a product from an initial concept through to final high-fidelity responsive designs ready for hand-off to developers.
- Work with other UX designers to integrate corporate design standards into products
- Communicate the intended user experience with user stories, wireframes, storyboards, taxonomies, sketches, prototypes, and mock-ups.
- Create GUIs, layouts, templates, landing pages, navigation, and any necessary design artifacts to maximize simplicity, style, and usability.
- Apply rigorous detail to finalize styles and design details to create high-fidelity digital products that are ready for release to customers.
Skills and Qualifications
- University or College graduate in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, UX, or related discipline
- Expert level abilities with design and UX software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch, and InVision.
- Minimum 3 years of full-time work in UX design or product design in a professional setting. Student projects will not be accepted.
- Portfolio of projects that include both hands-on and strategic UX roles.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of user-centered design, user testing methodologies, usability, and accessibility standards and practices (WCAG 2.0).
The following skills and experiences are an asset:
- Experience working on an Agile team.
- Experience working in Government.
- RGD designation considered an asset.
Candidates will be expected to bring a portfolio of digital projects, and present their work to the interviewers.
You can apply online here. #LI-CPS
Hourly Rate/Salary: $ 37.60 - $ 50.13
Hours of Work: 35 hours
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Strategic Communications Division , Digital Strategy & Experience
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.