Enter the RGD Student Awards to win cash prizes and have your work profiled across RGD communication channels!
- one of six $1,000 National Awards of Excellence covering such areas as typography, social good, strategic design and user experience.
Any student work may be submitted. Please review the descriptions of the Awards of Specialty below to determine in what categories your projects best fit. Then consider projects that are strong in your use of story-telling, typography, strategy, social good awareness, concept development and/or user experience to enter to be considered for these Awards of Excellence.
HOW TO ENTER
(1) Go to www.judgify.me/rgdstudentawards2019
(2) Click 'Submit an Entry' and create a New User account. (Note: your RGD Member login will not work on this page. Create a new account to log in to Judgify)
(3) Submit up to 4 entries through the online submission form.
(4) For each project you enter, define the client and/or target audience. Describe how your design solution is relevant to them.
(5) For each entry, submit no less than 1, no more than 6, images of your project (1,000 pixels wide across recommended sizing).
(6) If you are submitting a website or motion graphic, ensure that a URL to the project or a movie file is uploaded.
(7) Additional text is required to be considered for any or all of our Awards of Excellence. (You may submit to be considered for as many as you feel apply.)
Award-winning creative professionals from across Canada will select the winning work. Students are eligible to win up to 2 Awards ($2,000).
RGD will notify winners in September. Winners must be Members of RGD to claim monetary Awards.
- In addition to receiving cash Awards, winners are profiled across RGD communications channels including in a pdf piece profiling all of the winners, in our email newsletter sent to over 20,000 subscribers and at DesignThinkers Conferences.
- Winners and Honourable Mentions also receive an Awards Certificate.
- Finalists (approx. 100 projects) receive constructive feedback on their work from among our 100+ judges.
16 AWARDS OF SPECIALTY ($1,000 each)
.design - Award for Self-Promotional Website - a website that is submitted on a .design URL (available free for RGD Student Members) that promotes the individual entrant and/or a personal project, cause or initiative. Switch out your current .com or .ca domain to .design to qualify for this category! Just tell your hosting provider to 'point' to your new domain or contact for more information.
50 Carleton Award for Logo Design - any project that is intended to represent and identify a company, product, service or organization and its essence graphically to be applied consistently across all visual materials representing that company, product, service or organization.
BOLD Award for Accessible Design - any project that explores design that is accessible to the greatest number of people, to the largest extent possible, regardless of their age or ability, across all design disciplines. All projects will be judged based on the application of accessible design principles in the development of the design solution.
Entro Award for Placemaking Design - any project that helps build community through design interventions. This might be a poster for an event, a website for a tourist destination, a wayfinding system for a university or the design of a retail space.
Forge Media + Design Award for Motion - any project designed to communicate complex data and content in a visually appealing way that is easier to understand and use.
Greenmelon Award for Packaging Design (Single) - any project designed to enclose, protect and promote a single product for sale.
lg2 Award for Print Design - any project designed to be presented in the print medium.
Milestone Integrated Award for Digital Marketing Design - any project designed to sell a product or service through a digital platform.
q30 Award for Brand Design - any project that involves a visual set of associations representing a company, product, service or organization.
Pivot Award for Information Design - any project that involves the design of clear, concise and visually attractive materials that enhance how people read, understand and use complex and/or detailed information.
Premise Award for Promotional Web Design - any website that promotes the individual entrant and/or projects, products, events, causes or initiatives.
Shikatani Lacroix Award for Packaging Design (Series) - any project designed to enclose, protect and promote a series of products for sale.
The Workhouse Award for Book Design - any project designed as a book in print and/or digital formats.
The Works Design Communications Award for Web Design (Corporate) - any website that communicates a company or organization's mission, objectives, products and services.
Zulu Alpha Kilo Award for Advertising Design - any project created to promote a specific business, program, event or special offer.
6 NATIONAL AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE ($1,000 each)
52 Pick-Up Award for Typography - projects will be judged based on the strategic and effective use of typography.
Clear Space Award for Story-telling - projects will be judged based on how they communicate a story through words and images.
Gravity Inc Award for Social Good Design - projects will be judged on their value to the community and how they solve local or global challenges.
john st Award for Strategic Design - projects will be judged on the description of the project and its goals and how these were achieved.
Quarry Award for UX Design - projects will be judged based on the application of UX design principles.
Zync Award for Concept Development - projects will be judged on the application of research and exploration to the development of the project concept.