The graphic designer will create eye-catching visuals that are consistent with, and enhance, the TAMGA aesthetic. The ideal candidate has a passion for fashion and sustainability, with an eye for creative branding and web trends. Projects would include marketing emails, photography post-production, digital ads design, web graphics, short videos, and working closely with the creative director on larger web projects.
The company is headquartered in Aurora, Ontario, but works with artists, craftspeople and designers all around the world.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the creative director to create visually stunning and informative content;
- Design and edit TAMGA images using photoshop and illustrator;
- Learn about digital marketing by designing content for different online platforms, including the TAMGA website, newsletter and social media campaigns;
- Learn about user-focused design, making use of insights on how customers respond and react to images to make them more effective;
- Take the initiative to suggest new or improved ways to present TAMGA visually to our customers.
What we're looking for:
- Student or graduate with some formal training in graphic design;
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Interest in sustainable fashion and social business (no prior experience required);
- Ability to work independently;
- Confident decision-maker;
- Some knowledge of social media marketing is an asset;
- Experience in video is helpful but not mandatory.
Why Work for TAMGA?
If you’re ambitious, open to being challenged, ready to be accountable for your work, and looking to learn by doing, you belong on our team. We support our interns to learn, connect with people in the industry, and develop skills and a track record that will support them in the long-term. TAMGA is growing fast and constantly changing, so everyone who joins the team learns on their feet and takes on real responsibility. Our main goal is to build a full-time team who will grow with the business in North America and beyond – the sky is the limit!
About the Position
This position is a 3-month internship, with a stipend that’s paid monthly. TAMGA internships are not defined by hours of work, but by the completion and ownership of tasks agreed upon by intern and supervisor. That being said, 10-15 hours per week is a fair estimation of the minimum amount of time required to successfully perform the duties required.
Office space is provided if needed, however our team is very mobile so there is no need to work in a fixed location aside from weekly meetings. We’re a fast-growing business and love adding passionate people to our team who take leadership and create great things!