Guru Studio's dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for an innovative Senior Graphic Designer to help bring our brands to life across a variety of print and digital media.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for all things design, solid experience in a leadership position on a design team, and an exceptional ability to craft fun, entertaining and beautiful work. A love of animation, toys, games and pop culture is a plus!
As a Senior Graphic Designer you’ll be a leader in our design department and will work with marketing, development and production to develop a wide range of content for our studio. You’ll be setting the visual tone for all digital and print work, and you’ll become a visual brand ambassador for our studio and our award-winning children’s properties.
This position reports to the Creative Director of Design.
This position is available immediately.
- Lead the graphic design department and be the point of contact for graphic design needs for various studio departments (marketing, sales, development, recruiting)
- Brainstorm, plan, and design a variety of design materials for print & digital including: posters, banners, flyers, trade show booths, corporate decks, print ads, style guides, show bibles, logos, and social media content
- Help with creating promotional material for our shows in production
- Manage, organize and keep design libraries up to date
- Touch up/colour correct existing artwork for promotional use
- Manage and provide direction to any in-house or freelance graphic designers in the creation of graphic design work for the studio
- A portfolio of past design work is required
- Degree in Graphic Arts, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign) and Powerpoint/Keynote
- Strong sense of design, composition, typography
- Experience in Motion Design & Web Design is an asset
- Copywriting skills are an asset
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a stunning portfolio that shows high-quality work
Why Guru Studio?
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers
- You want to work for a company that allows you to grow your skills
- You want to help tell stories
- You're passionate about high-quality work
- You want a friendly and fun place to work!
What We Offer
- Full benefits
- State-of-the-art open concept facility
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work hours
- Healthy and fun snacks
- Masterclasses and training sessions
- Referral program
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Must be eligible to work in Canada. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
If you want to know more about us please visit http://www.gurustudio.com/