POSITION TITLE: Graphic Designer
STATUS: Permanent, Full-Time
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
McElhanney is looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to join our team. As a key member of our creative services team you will work closely with our creative services lead, marketing coordinators, and internal clients to deliver smart design solutions for print, web, and video.
In addition to your layout-design and visual story-telling talents, we want your opinions, insight, and expertise related to design best practices, marketing strategy, and project management. If you have a passion for being part of a wider team of professionals in the build industry, this position could be for you.
Your responsibilities will vary depending on your strengths and expertise, but will generally include:
- Work directly with our marketing communications coordinators, internal clients, and creative services lead to develop creative briefs and lead projects.
Digital & Web Design
- Create web pages, email newsletters, digital brochures, client presentations, and social media graphics using a mixture of tools including the Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, Mailchimp, and Microsoft Office.
- Layout design and print production for proposals, award submissions, advertisements, brochures, booth displays, banners, and signage using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Infographic design – maps, flowcharts, organization charts – using a mixture of tools in the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Promotional item design – applying McElhanney branding to a range of promotional items such as T-shirts, water bottles, and notebooks
Video Planning & Production
- Participate in storyboarding sessions and lead video shoots.
- Take raw footage and turn it into polished and engaging video content using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Degree or diploma in graphic design and / or related field with at least 5 years of experience working in a corporate or agency environment;
- Advanced skills using the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere. Experience with After Effects, Audition, and Spark would be an asset but are not required;
- Experience creating pages and posts in Wordpress;
- Experience using Mailchimp for e-newsletters and email campaigns;
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Sharepoint;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities;
- Ability to adapt to an evolving media landscape, by learning new tools and new software as-required and staying up-to-date on design-industry trends;
- Writing, editing, and proofreading skills are not a requirement for this position, but we would consider this experience a great asset.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
McElhanney’s Vancouver office is conveniently situated downtown, just steps away from BC Place and Yaletown and in close proximity to transit, shopping, and restaurants. In this location are engineering, surveying, and mapping branches, as well as the Corporate head office services including Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Business Technology, and Health, Safety & Environment departments.