Junior Environments Designer - Toronto
Forge Media + Design is a multi-disciplinary design agency with more than 15 years of experience in branding, print design and production, web design and development, interactive multi-media installations, as well as signage and wayfinding solutions in Canada and abroad.
Our studio is an exciting, fast-paced and fun place to apply your talents and grow your skills. We offer competitive benefits, opportunities for professional development and above all, a close-knit and supportive team that challenges everyone to push beyond the expected.
We are looking for an experienced junior designer to join our environments design team.Culturally they should be a great fit with the team and Forge as a whole with a friendly outgoing and positive attitude and not being afraid of the unknown or taking on unexpected challenges. We hope this individual will become an integral part of our team and grow over time into new roles and take on greater responsibilities as Forge continues to grow.
- 2+ years of professional experience specifically in a communication design firm, interior design firm or architecture firm working on wayfinding, environmental graphics, signage, exhibition or placemaking projects.
- Strong visual design abilities
- Ability to support the senior and intermediate designers on project tasks such as location plans, message schedules, image searches, mood board creation, and project documentation as needed
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to articulate, communication and present your design decisions, to the team as well as to clients
- Ability to work on multiple projects and balance priorities
- Demonstrates curiosity and a zest for learning to always keep skills up-to-date