The Company: Forge Media + Design is a multidisciplinary design studio comprised of designers, storytellers, technologists, programmers, and place-makers, driven by the principles of human-centred design.
Established in 2005, Forge Media + Design has grown to a firm of over 30 staff. We specialize in experiential branding and design, which includes signage and wayfinding, interactive media, environmental graphic design, donor recognition, public art, websites, mobile apps, and dynamic environments.
Working at Forge: We pride ourselves on providing our staff with a fun and engaging space to grow both personally and professionally. Daily, you will be working with and learning from well-respected industry professionals. It’s an excellent opportunity for you to define your purpose and take control of your career.
The primary responsibilities for our intermediate environments designer include:
- Design and help lead projects from initial concept and kick-off through to implementation and construction administration
- Work on design package, location plans, message schedules and create final construction drawings for tender
- Coordinate your own time and workflow
- Collaborate with project coordinator and account manager to do monthly invoicing
- Assist with the creation of proposals, particularly defining timelines and time estimates
- Attend and participate in client presentations and assist team members with presentations
- Liaise with suppliers and fabricators to get quotes, review samples and shop drawings
- Communicate with clients
- Communicate clearly with project coordinator and team
Skills and Requirements
- 2-5 years experience in signage and wayfinding
- Background in graphic design, interior design, or architecture
- Solid understanding of all aspects of environments projects, including Location Plans, Message Schedule and Construction Drawings
- Highly creative individual with strong design sensibilities
- Work well in a collaborative team environment
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (including CADtools), MS office, and 3D rendering software an asset (Sketchup, Rhino, AutoCAD)
- Strong typographic skills and knowledge
- Motivated self-starter with an understanding of project workflow
- Great communications skills, both written and spoken
Get in touch!
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
***QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN CANADA***
Forge Media + Design is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.