RGD will present $15,750 in cash awards to student work in all areas of communication design selected by panels of senior industry professionals.
RGD is also proud to launch the new Student Trailblazer Awards. Together with our generous sponsors, we will celebrate and recognize the unique journeys and barriers many students face as they develop their design skills. $5,000 has been allocated for this special fund.
Entries Deadline: Extended to June 1, 2021 (12 AM Pacific Time/3 AM Eastern Time - June 2!
PARTICIPATE IN RGD'S STUDENT AWARDS TO:
- Win one of our 21 Awards of Specialty which includes $750 cash, recognition across RGD communications channels and a free RGD Membership until the end of 2022 (see below)
- Receive a Student Trailblazer Award with a cash prize (TBD) and recognition across RGD communications channels and a free RGD Membership until the end of 2022 (details to follow)
- Winners and Honourable Mentions also receive an Awards Certificate
- All entrants receive constructive feedback on their work from among our 100+ judges
- Any student work may be submitted. Please review the descriptions of the Awards below to determine in what categories your projects best fit.
- Entrants are limited to no more than 1 entry in all categories except: .design Award, Accessible Design Award, Motion Award, Web Award, UX Award, Indigenous Design Award and Placemaking Award which can all have up to 5.
- There is no entry fee if you are a Student RGD Member or Junior Affiliate Member of RGD. Non-Members have to pay an entry fee of $30.
- Students at the undergraduate level enrolled between September 2020 to August 2021 (With less than one year of professional experience in design. Student cannot be someone with work experience or enrolled at a postgraduate level except for 3 Awards)
- Post-graduate students can enter the Accessibility, UX and Motion Awards only.
- Students can be attending public and private institutions if listed as a designated learning institution by the Canadian Government or can be attending public institutions outside of Canada if the Student is a Canadian citizen.
(1) Go to our Judgify Awards Page.
(2) Click 'Submit an Entry' and create a New User account. (Note: an RGD Member login will not work. Create a new account to log in to Judgify)
(3) Submit entries through an online submission form.
(4) For each project you enter, define the client and/or target audience. Describe how your design solution is relevant to them.
(5) Certain Awards require additional rational information related to the specifics of the Award.
(6) For each entry, submit no less than 1, no more than 6, images of your project (1,000 pixels wide across recommended sizing).
(7) If you are submitting a website or motion graphic, ensure that a URL to the project or a movie file is uploaded.
Award-winning creative professionals from across Canada will select the winning work. RGD will notify winners in September.
For a list of Categories, click here
Certificates: Pomegranate Letterpress