Junior Digital Designer - Toronto
Night Shift has an opening for a Jr. Digital Designer. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced environment and be able to quickly adapt and use a variety of skills within the categories of web design, identity design, video production and animation. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects and different disciplines, and will be tasked with juggling multiple different projects.
Night Shift is a boutique design studio in Toronto with a focus on branding. We are a small team that prides itself on versatility, flexibility and a commitment to craft. We consider design to be a holistic practice and are looking for candidates who are interested in every piece of the puzzle, from strategy, through conceptualization to execution.
- Designing and animating TV/digital spots and video for social media
- Editing and capturing footage and designing motion graphics
- Designing and iterating of digital ads for growth marketing purposes
- Designing and coding e-newsletters
- Designing and coding websites on Wordpress and Shopify
- Collaborating and contributing to Brand Identity projects
- Design and production for print projects as required
- Proficiency in Adobe CC programs including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Audition.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Figma or Adobe XD
- Proficiency with HTML, PHP and CSS, and experience working with Wordpress and Shopify
- Experience and knowledge of animation, motion graphics and video editing
- Experience and knowledge of digital marketing, including email marketing, digital & social advertising within a growth-marketing environment
- Photography and camera operation skills – To be able to assist during product and brand photoshoots
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS foundational skills
- Illustration skills – We believe that design can and should be expressive, and that each designer can bring their own personal style and skillset to the table.
- RGD Membership considered an asset
This is a full-time role. Position is available immediately. Based in the lower Junction triangle of Toronto, our office is a retail level studio space. We offer a competitive salary. To apply, please submit a resume and portfolio (PDF attachment or web link) referencing the job title to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Deadline: Jan 22, 2019