We are looking for a talented designer to create complex animation, motion graphics, 2D/3D graphics, animated gifs and video editing for a diverse array of media, including social media, interactive media, smartphones, screens and the web among others. The ideal candidate will be able to conceptualize and create original creative concepts, characters and animation sequences. They will provide graphic design support as needed by conceiving and producing complex graphic design and layouts that reflect innovative thought and maintains the structural integrity of university branding.
If you are interested in working with an iconic Canadian brand, are excited at the prospect of being a part of a purpose driven organization with a social conscience, and thrive in a fast-paced team environment, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Innovative, convention-challenging, agile creatives are asked to apply! Whether you are from higher education, media, retail, non-profit, or another sector, bring your talents to our team.
Join us and help share the U of T Scarborough story.
The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place of energy, enthusiasm and passion. Our commitment to inclusive excellence attracts the brightest learners, scholars and employees from around the globe. Our success has been made possible by the opportunity given to us by our Indigenous hosts to operate on their territory, and we cherish our continuing partnerships with these communities. The University of Toronto Scarborough is an exciting campus with unlimited potential. Join us on our journey.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and producing graphic designs that reflect departmental and/or divisional objectives
- Performing design processes that require great precision and attention to many details
- Consulting with and advising clients on graphic design
- Designing graphic elements for digital and online media (print, digital and motion)
- Developing project schedules including milestones, critical path, timelines, deliverables and reporting
- Providing art direction for video productions that supports the target objectives of the audience and visual appearance
- Verifying that all marketing/communication collateral adheres to brand identity and University style guides
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) in Graphic Design, Creative Arts, Media Arts or other disciplines relevant to the position, or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum five years' professional experience in motion design, animation and graphic design in an advertising or in-house environment
- Experience creating complex motion graphics, animation, animated gifs and live video content for a diverse array of media, including broadcast, social media, interactive media, smartphones, screens and the web among others.
- Comprehensive experience with motion graphic, animation and video-editing software including Cinema 4D, After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Animate, InDesign, Photoshop and illustrator
- Experience designing for digital/interactive (websites, banner ads, emails, apps), print expertise (brochures, annual reports, posters, ads), animation and motion graphics skills for digital and broadcast
- Ability to conceptualize and create original creative concepts, characters and animation sequences and create animation storyboards that fully reflect the key moments and movements of an animation sequence
- Well versed in the latest graphic design methods, best practices, techniques and associated principles
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects concurrently and often competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to build complex design packages and presentations as well as experience with branding
- Extensive storytelling experience using 2D and 3D motion design
- Superior communications skills both oral and written
- Extensive experience with design for social media and digital platforms
- Experience working in a complex organization
- Experience working with internal clients and external partners
- Experience in corporate brand adherence, development, and execution
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain brand consistencies
- Self-starter with the ability to work well independently, and collaborate well with creative direction
- Strong prioritizing, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Knowledge of UX principles and best practices and how they can be applied to design
- Applicants are also expected to show evidence of a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment.
- Experience with photography and video an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of AODA compliance is an asset
- Experience designing for broadcast and digital media platforms an asset
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Team player
Notes: Please include a link to your demo reel or portfolio with your application.
All interested applicants must submit their application online: https://utoronto.taleo.net/
A copy of the full job description is available upon request from the UTSC HR Office.
Employee Group: United Steelworkers (USW)
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: USW Pay Band 12 -- $69,730 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $89,172. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Field: Communications / Media / Public Relations
Job Posting: Feb 11, 2020
Job Closing: Feb 26, 2020, 11:59:00 PM