Deadline for RGD's 2021 Design Educator Awards: June 25, 2021
The RGD is accepting nominations for our 2021 Design Educator Awards to honour educators from across Canada who have made outstanding contributions to student development and pedagogical research.
Deadline for nominations: June 25, 2021
The RGD's Design Educator Awards of Excellence celebrate the dedication of Canadian Design Educators at both university and college levels. Nominations can come from both faculty and students to highlight the breadth and significance of faculty influence. Nominees should have a proven history of teaching effectiveness. (Nominees may nominate themselves.)
- Free Membership in RGD for 3 years (Affiliate or Certified)
- Free ticket to any and all RGD Conferences (including DesignThinkers) for 3 years
- Printed Award Certificate
- Recognition across RGD channels including at DesignThinkers reaching over 70,000
- Free Membership for 1 year
- Free ticket to DesignThinkers (to be used between 2021-2023)
- Printed Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae of Nominee
- 3 Support Statement/Letters from any combination of Former Students and/or Colleagues
Focus: The Nominee demonstrates a focus in one or more areas of specialization including critical pedagogy, curriculum development, student support and collaboration.
Community and collaboration: The Nominee demonstrates active contribution to the building of a more cohesive design community — collaborating institutionally, locally or on a broader scale.
Contribution: The Nominee demonstrates active contribution to the advancement of design pedagogy and/or practice.
Support: The Nominee demonstrates exceptional support for students and/or colleagues.
Curriculum: The Nominee demonstrates dedication to the development / enhancement of curriculum that is inclusive and relevant to a quickly evolving program of study.