Toronto, ON | Design | Full-time Contract
WHO WE ARE
AECO Innovation Lab was created to empower innovation and enable digital transformations within the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction industries (AEC) and across all three levels of governments. Here at AECO Innovation Lab, we are a team of subject matter experts composed of researchers, developers, government collaborators and operators focused on building scalable and innovative solutions for the AEC industry, one startup at a time.
We are charting our own course and embracing big ideas, and we know that company building takes the right kind of mindset. From our founders to our interns, we check our egos at the door and value collaboration, craftsmanship and problem solving, while creating an environment that is inclusive of all.
WHAT WE DO
Leveraging our unique expertise across real estate, technology and government policy, we run a research and venture studio focused on developing and launching venture-scale startups that target specific challenges within the AEC industries.
Our membership consists of small to large-sized enterprises within the AEC industries who are looking to learn, access and build digital solutions that drive forward the industries’ operations and performance.
Ideas are gathered from our in-house research team, evaluated from the technical and usability standpoint with the help of our industry Board of Experts, and once admitted into the studio, our in-house software development team helps build the product to launch in-market.
We’re an early-stage company and so you will wear many hats, be a crucial part of company growth and take on new initiatives from scratch.
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
- You have completed your post-secondary education in Graphic Design.
- You have an intermediate level of experience in branding and corporate communications, and are proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- You are skilled in developing brand identities both from the ground up, as well as making brand adjustments and re-branding established companies.
- You have the ability to take a project from idea to completion and execution, including roll out of a variety of business collateral.
- You have a desire to collaborate with the product team and developers, as well as grow your own knowledge of and involvement in UX/UI process and deliverables.
- You are familiar with building and working from brand books, including, but not limited to, typography, iconography, colour palettes, illustrations and accessibility guidelines.
- You have good problem solving skills, are organized and know how to prioritize and manage your time to not miss a deadline.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment and are able to work independently to drive results.
WE’RE COUNTING ON YOU TO
- Work closely with the Creative Director to research, brainstorm, ideate and establish a comprehensive corporate brand for AECO Innovation Lab.
- Design and roll out a variety of client-facing materials, involving the website, white papers, one-pagers, business cards, sales decks, membership packages, and more.
- Design and develop logos and branding for each of AECO’s present and future venture clients.
- Build brand books and work with the product design team to incorporate that branding into their deliverables.
- Collaborate, ask questions, provide opinions and be eager to learn!
We’re looking to fill the role as soon as possible, so if you’re interested please apply here and one of our team members will be in touch shortly. We look forward to learning more about your previous experiences and future goals!
AECO Ventures is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or status.