Job Title: Senior Wayfinding Designer
Reports to: Design Director
Position: Fulltime, permanent
Benefits: Healthcare, competitive salary
For over 20 years, Envision has been at the forefront of innovative thinking and groundbreaking ideas by integrating design, delivery and technology solutions for many of the best-known brands. With just over 80 employees located in our Miami, Toronto or satellite offices throughout North America, our unique service offering enables us to seamlessly integrate design and technology into built environments and enhance the way people connect and interact with their environment creating memorable user interactions and experiences. Our clients have become accustomed to the value our solutions add through our three specialized practices delivered as One Integrated Agency:
- Branded Environments
- Digital Experiences
- Data Solutions
We are dedicated to encouraging an engaged, enjoyable culture and working environment, along with consistent professional development in your field.
Summary of Position
Oversee the conceptualization, development, and management of wayfinding design solutions for clients in a way that demonstrates the design excellence of Envision while fulfilling the stated functional needs and cost parameters of each project. P3 experience would be an asset.
Based in Toronto, you will be a key active participant between our clients and our internal team of 85+ dedicated professionals, delivering world-class projects for some of North America’s leading companies in the financial, real estate, and retail markets.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Solid grounding in wayfinding strategy with capability to provide excellent project leadership.
- Oversee the conceptualization, development, and management of wayfinding design solutions for clients in a way that demonstrates the design excellence of Envision while fulfilling the stated functional needs and cost parameters of each project.
- Assist in the development of detailed wayfinding design strategy in collaboration with Wayfinding Account Manager and the design team to identify the scope and complexity, documenting all elements of the wayfinding project.
- Conceptualize and develop environmental graphic design elements for a variety of project types.
- Focus on client requirements and scope of work, critical path identification and milestones; timelines and work-back project schedule; budget and resource allocation; post project analysis and a mentality of continuous improvement.
- Communication plans and project meetings; reporting, tracking, and managing project issues.
- Contribute to RFP development and attend pursuit presentations, as required.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including but not limited to Design, Engineering, Finance, Production and Technology internal partners.
- Facilitate the successful completion of projects that stay on schedule and on a budget, both as a design lead and project team member.
- Sign‐off on all designs including prototypes, samples, and preproduction materials according to provided specs and requirements.
- Ensure that the highest standard of drawing and document control conventions are followed both personally and by all members of the wayfinding design team.
- Attend client and vendor meetings as required.
- Develop and coordinate specification drawings of design intent for fabricators.
- Provide clear, concise written and verbal communications to client, design team and suppliers – from strategy and concept presentations to team guidance and instruction.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time, in line with the role, competencies and skill.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience with various aspects of Environmental Graphic Design work within an established design / branding or in-house studio (including but not limited to wayfinding strategy, conceptual design, design intent drawings, etc.) required.
- An understanding of P3 projects considered an asset.
- An understanding of sign specification requirements and manufacturing methods.
- Strong conceptual thinking, including the ability to present ideas and concepts to stakeholders.
- Compelling design skills. Ability to visualize ideas in both 2 and 3 dimensions.
- Strong design sensibility with the ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery into the built environment.
- Strong typography, color, and composition skills.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Sign Agent software experience an asset.
- Experience with 2D drafting software such as Cad Tools or CAD an asset.
- Experience in 3D Modeling using SketchUp an advantage.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required.
- Exceptional time management skills, highly organized and detail organized required.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and complexity – composed under pressure.