RGD seeks Student Representatives for 2020/2021
We are looking for design studen
ts from across Canada to contribute to RGD as Student Representatives. Student Reps work to help raise student awareness about all the great things RGD offers, and provide a network to unite design students.
The duties of Student Reps include:
- understanding RGD's mission and working to furthering that mission
- understanding of RGD's Code of Ethics
- staying informed of RGD's activities, particularly its programs for Students
- educating fellow students on RGD, its mission, its ethical standards and its programs
- keeping RGD informed of activities / initiatives taking place at your school that may be relevant to RGD Members
- attending monthy virtual meetings to learn more about RGD programs and suggest ways yourself and fellow students could raise awareness of RGD
- contributing to Student Slack Workspace and other communications
- performing additional duties and activities as requested by RGD
- At monthly meetings taking place on the last Tuesday of every month at 7:30 PM Eastern, Reps will have the opportunity to hear from professionals serving on RGD's Board of Directors, learn about RGD programs, advising on RGD programs and initiatives for students and ask questions about RGD, our programs and the industry generally.
Student RGD Members selected as Reps who effectively carry out their responsibilities from October 2020 to August 2021 will be considered for volunteering opportunities at future DesignThinkers Conferences.
If you are interested in joining us for an exciting year on the Student Committee, please submit your application by September 25, 2020.