You will be responsible for working with a team to design compelling visual interfaces—determining how users interact with devices, how they process information, and ultimately how the engagement products “look” and “feel”. Core to this role is creating the final “pixel-perfect” UI in a visually systematic way that ensures a holistic, consistent experience across products.
Note: Along with your resume, a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
What you’ll do
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our client’s existing product UI styles, patterns, and standardized elements and interactions
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute UI design in time with the team’s software roadmap
- Work closely and collaboratively with the UX designer(s) and PM on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or user response to features
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing
- Provide prototypes, mock-ups and other deliverables to describe interactions with motion to enhance the UI
- Execute final, “pixel perfect” UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering
- Obsessively QA developed software for visual perfection, providing detailed feedback to engineering for revisions
- Maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the wider UI design team to ensure product-wide visual consistency
What we’re looking for
- 4+ years of interactive design experience at a consumer-focused technology company or design agency
- Top tier user interface and interaction design skills with obsessive attention to detail in the “look and feel” of digital products
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts, considering both creative solutions and cohesiveness with the system
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Deeply collaborative and iterative approach to product design, focused on ensuring a unified experience across the board
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences
- Experience designing cutting edge UI for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: from fully responsive web experiences to mobile (touch-device) apps
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and incorporating motion/animation into UI designs
- Solid grasp of what is possible in modern Android, iOS, and web development and the design/interaction patterns and trends within each; bonus if you have designed for interactive games; larger touch screens and/or TV interfaces
- A strong understanding of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences (i.e. proficiency with Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design and prototyping tools)
- Connected is proudly employee-owned, is one of Canada's top small and medium employers 4 years running, and is one of LinkedIn's Top Startups
- Weekly team socials, design crits, clinics and share-outs to learn new techniques and have fun as a team
- Supportive and engaging company culture
Connected welcomes applications from all candidates. We especially encourage candidates to apply who are Women, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, People of Colour, candidates in caregiving roles, immigrants, and persons living with disabilities. We are an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.
You can find more information and apply online here.