You will be responsible for working with a team to design the experience for new features, thinking in non-linear terms: capturing interactions, edge-cases, and the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes.
Note: This is not a UI design role. In our client’s organization, the visual UI designer is a separate role responsible for executing the final “look and feel” of interfaces.
Along with your resume, a link to your online portfolio (or to a PDF of your work) is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
What you’ll do
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our client’s existing product UX across platforms and ensure new features are executed cohesively
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute UX design in time with your team’s software roadmap
- Collaboratively brainstorm and evolve feature UX with the PM and wider scrum team
- Create extremely detailed user flows, product maps, wireframes, etc. based on requirements from PM, and communicate UX clearly to relevant teams
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing
- Prototype user experiences and work with UX research to coordinate and run tests with end users
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or user response to features
- Capture all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic for visual UI design and engineering teams to build out
- Evaluate, test, and iterate on current core experiences
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of interactive design experience at a consumer-focused technology company
- Top tier user experience, research and information architecture skills
- Focused on how software products “function” and how users move through the experience to accomplish their goals
- Strong, proven skill in creating wireframes and other common UX design artifacts with a deeply collaborative and iterative approach to product UX, ensuring a unified experience across products
- Obsessive attention to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and to consistently capture edge-cases
- Exceptional design velocity in developing wireframe and flow variations, as well as an ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts
- Excellent communication and organization skills, with the ability to prepare clear and descriptive documentation for implementation targeted to a variety of roles and personality types
- Experience working closely with engineers, product managers, and visual UI designers
- Solid understanding of interaction design fundamentals and UI design best practices (for collaboration with the UI designer)
- Solid grasp of what is possible in modern Android, iOS, and web development; and the design/interaction patterns and trends within each
- Experience conducting and coordinating remote- and in-person user research using a variety of methodologies, and documenting the results and findings
- Experience using prototyping and user testing practices to understand usability of concepts and to learn and iterate on the UX design
- Familiarity with agile software development and lean UX processes; bonus if you have experience designing UX for native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; larger touch screens and/or TV interfaces
- Your work exists on the cutting edge of UX design and pushes our user research, testing, and design infrastructure and practices
- Connected is proudly employee-owned, is one of Canada's top small and medium employers 4 years running, and is one of LinkedIn's Top Startups
- Weekly team socials, design crits, clinics and share-outs to learn new techniques and have fun as a team
- Supportive and engaging company culture
Connected welcomes applications from all candidates. We especially encourage candidates to apply who are Women, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, People of Colour, candidates in caregiving roles, immigrants, and persons living with disabilities. We are an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, clients, employees and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or calling 647-478-7493. Please provide your name, preferred contact method, and a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require. Please include any materials or processes that may be used to ensure your equal participation.
You can find more information and apply online here.