Intent was founded with a mission: to improve lives. We provide a full service offering focused on strategy, branding, campaigns, communications, and digital solutions for our non-profit and public sector clients. Our reason for being is to create positive change for our team, for our clients and for the communities we all serve.
As a result, Intent has quickly become Canada’s leading design communications agency for non-profit and public sector organizations. We work closely with government agencies, hospitals, libraries, community developers, scientists, public health advocates, mental health and addictions specialists, and many others.
Sample projects include:
- 10-year strategy for cancer control in Canada;
- Integrated public service campaign promoting the value of immigration to Canada;
- Online resource hub for LGBTQ+ healthcare in Ontario;
- Large, complex web projects for major Ontario hospital networks;
- 10-year Long Range Plan for astronomy in Canada;
- Awareness campaigns for Canadian National Institute for the Blind;
- Strategic development for leading sustainability organizations;
- Plenty of projects for public libraries;
- Online counselling software builds for youth mental health;
- And, much more…
Have you ever dreamed of working at an organization that does good work, for inspiring clients, in an environment where your wellbeing and long-term success is a top priority? Ever work somewhere that doesn’t demand you “always be on”? Ever wonder what it’s like to work only 9-5? Want a career and not just a job? Do you desire to work (really) hard to affect change through communications and design? Then maybe Intent is the place for you.
We work exceptionally hard, it’s intense, we demand a lot of commitment and application from our team. Until 5pm. After which we demand you turn off your notifications, you don’t check your email, and that you lead a rich, fulfilling life outside of work so that you are fresh and energetic for tomorrow.
Want to join a fast growing, respectful company that actually cares about its people? If that sounds like something that you could throw yourself into, make a commitment, and grow and prosper doing work that is good for everyone, then consider Intent. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Under the supervision of an Account Manager, the Account Coordinator provides overall day-to-day client service and support to ensure the effective execution of client objectives in communications, branding, and digital projects.
The position encompasses administration, project tracking duties, research and handling budgets. Duties of an Account Coordinator include composing client correspondence, being accountable for project work and providing superior, affable service to our wonderful clients. They’ll also work closely to best meet client needs. They must be able to demonstrate problem-solving abilities to address client issues as they arise.
A large part of this role is project coordination, which will include scope definition and monitoring, upfront scheduling, schedule adjustments, resource allocation, working with our creative team to properly execute client work, coordination of developers and web development projects, budget monitoring and management, and more.
In addition, experience with digital projects, specifically administering WordPress websites and social media campaigns is a tremendous asset.
A working knowledge of French (reading and writing, not speaking) is considered an asset, but not a necessity.
This is a work from home position, Intent currently operates a 100% remote model. Hours are somewhat flexible for the right candidate.
Salary range: $40,000–50,000
Benefits: RRSP matching program and healthcare spending account
Vacation: Starting with 12 days plus all stat holidays. Intent effectively closes over the holidays, providing at minimum, an extra five days of holiday time that is not deducted from your holiday time.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an energetic, motivated and relationship-focused individual. We want someone who cares deeply about working with non-profit and public sector organizations, and doing work that makes a difference that you can be proud of. People motivated purely by money or ego need not apply.
We are looking for a valued team member who will appreciate our rigour, discipline, and commitment to improving lives. There are no pool tables, no fancy offices, no after work drinks and parties. Instead, Intent offers tremendous respect and care for our employees, we strictly believe in supporting work/life balance, insist upon regular office hours (9-5), rest and recuperation after hours, and a dedication to productivity exclusively during the work day. Don’t be mistaken, we work exceptionally hard at Intent, but that dedication to work is only expected during office hours.
We want a teammate for the long-term, and boast practically zero turnover at Intent.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you.
Qualifications of the candidate
- The most important qualification for this project is that you are intrinsically motivated. You must desire to work hard on important projects for inspiring clients. And you want to make a difference with your work. You must be collaborative and want to work with our team. And lastly, you must commit to following our defined processes for projects and account coordination
- Experience managing or coordinating people in some capacity preferred, does not have to be in an agency setting
- Working French is considered an asset
- Graduation from a recognized college or university program is preferred
- Experience working with WordPress websites is an asset (not coding, just working with the CMS, making text and image changes, etc.)
- Experience with G-suite (gmail, google docs, etc.) an asset
- Experience with DropBox an asset
Absolutely no phone calls please. Only selected candidates will be contacted.