About the Committee
The Events Committee consists of a minimum of 5 Members from a minimum of 5 different municipalities whose duty it is to assist RGD Staff and other Committees regarding events and programs.
- Provide relevant, meaningful, accessible opportunities for networking, professional development and community building
- Develop, coordinate and promote RGD virtual and local events
- Ensure DesignThinkers is a meaningful, relevant event by proposing and developing new programs and opportunities for engagement by the attendees
- Encourage grassroots activity and culture
- Certified RGDs, Provisional RGDs & Affiliate Members are invited to apply to join the Committee (Affiliates can serve on a Committee for up to 1 year, during which time they are required to become Certified if they wish to remain on a Committee.)
- Those interested in joining the Committee should fill out the online form: Get Involved with RGD.